Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Heavy Duty Harland Sharp 1.7 rockers ( NOT the ones you can buy from stores) SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Heavy Duty Harland Sharp 1.7 rockers ( NOT the ones you can buy from stores) SOLD

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $300
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V
Location (State): OH
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Up for sale is a set of Heavy Duty Harland Sharp 1.7 non-adjustable rockers. These are not the regular ones that you get at Summit or from venders.

These are the beefed up version for running larger cams. I was in the market for roller rockers after running a higher lift cam on stock rockers years ago and was introduced to this version. Since Harland is local to me I decided to run them.

The things that are different:

-more material around the pushrod cup (refer to broken normal version pic to see the difference) Last 2 pics highlight this nicely

-more material on the top where the bolt goes through. The bolt heads are actually hidden inside the rocker more, which is why they were designed with custom machined grade 12.9 bolts (last 2 pics highlight this nicely aswell)

-more material around the roller tip (refer to pics for diff)

-updated pedestal design with more gradual chamfers to add strength.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These rockers have approx. 6k miles on them. They come with the machined bolts / normal stands. I show pics of longer bolts and taller stands and will toss those in with these rockers. I needed to raise the rocker for a better wipe pattern on my setup, so instead of using shims, I wanted a one piece pedestal.

Depending on what has been done to your valves, these taller pedastals may come in handy. You can customize them to a perfect height. Chuck them up in a lathe and turn the base down to an exact number that you need. They are .125" taller than the ones that normally come with them.

I had a reluctor wheel loosen up on a crank in my new build so I had to tear the motor apart to fix that. I figured that while I was all in the motor, time to step the build up, so these will no longer be needed.

Last season two of the bearings got messed up in the rocker, so I took them back up to their shop and had the trunions, bearings and roller tips all replaced brand new. The roller tips are actually a newer version than what originally came on them. Harlands customer service is one of the best I have ever dealt with. They were put back on the car and ran for 40 miles when the reluctor wheel moved and the teardown began (not a fun year)

Look at the pics of how the rockers were machined verses the normal versions. I know of a few people with these, and somewhere online there is a 408 built by a shop highlighting this heavy duty design. Nobody else that I know sells them.

You will see a few with a small grind spot on them. Those were the ones at the back of the heads. They needed very slight amount of clearancing due to the radius of the end of the head. Your heads will need a small amount of clearancing only on the top edge of the head to clear. I can provide pics of them installed to show what is needed aswell. I ran these on a 235/240 .649/.609 111lsa cam with 420lb open spring pressure in my old 5.7. Never any valve float spinning at 6500+ rpm

You get:

-(16) rockers with new trunions, tips and bearings
-(16) normal height updated pedestals
-(16) 12.9 machined bolts (m8)
-(16) .125" taller updated pedestals
-(16) longer m8 machined bolts for the taller pedestals
-(1) extra normal length m8 bolt
-(1) extra normal height updated pedestal

Looking for $300 + shipping. If you have any questions, or would like more pics of anything, just ask. Cash or Postal money orders only. NO PAYPAL

Last edited by BlackDuk98; 02-16-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Bump for the weekend
Old 02-15-2015, 06:22 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have the sales invoice from Harland? Also the repair invoice?
Old 02-15-2015, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Pm sent.

Also willing to trade if you have something that I can use.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

These are sold pending payment

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Harland Sharp 1.7 rockers ( NOT the ones you can buy from stores) SOLD