Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

LS6 and LS2 engines for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow LS6 and LS2 engines for sale

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $1
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V
Location (State): PA
Item Condition: Used
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Offering two engines up for sale here. An LS6 out of a late model CTS-V, and a LS2. I don't know what the LS2 is. Both motors are for rebuild.

I build a lot of LS motors and LT motors, have been doing so for ten years now. With a deposit to cover parts needed (rings, bearings, lifters, gaskets, head bolts, etc) I will build these motors at an additional cost. We can also use other non stock parts if you so desire (pistons, rods, rotating assembly, cam, valvetrain, etc).

LS6:
-Block hot tanked and inspected. Has not been honed yet. Will stay standard bore.
-Heads hot tanked, inspected, valve job done, ready for assembly.
-Crank hot tanked, polished, measured, standard/standard, ready for assembly
-Pistons/rods completely cleaned, inspected, measured. Ready for assembly. Pistons are the type with coated skirts.
-Misc parts hot tanked and inspected: cam, valvetrain, covers, hardware, etc.

What you get here is essentially a long block LS6. To complete you will need rings, bearings, gaskets, head bolts, oil pump, and lifters. The block has not been honed yet. It will clean up fine with a ball hone but having it done in a CK-10 would be fine too. The bores have no wear.

Option 1: $1,500 as described

Option 2: $2,600 as a fully assembled long block with Clevite P series main and rod bearings, Durabond cam bearings, Hastings moly rings, GM LS7 lifters, Melling oil pump, Victor Reinz cover gaskets and seals, GM head gaskets, and Victor Reinz head bolts. $1,000 deposit required.

Option 3: Custom. Cam, pistons, stroker, etc. Contact me for options and costs. Please don't waste my time if you don't have the money.

LS2:
-Block hot tanked and inspected
-Heads hot tanked, inspected, valve job done, ready for assembly.
-Crank hot tanked, polished, measured, standard/standard, ready for assembly
-Pistons/rods completely cleaned, inspected, measured. Ready for assembly. Pistons are the type with coated skirts.
-Misc parts hot tanked and inspected: valvetrain, covers, hardware, etc.

On the block: It has not been honed or bored yet. It had water in two cylinders and they had some rust, which is now gone. The bores in the block have little to no wear. It would stay standard bore, BUT if left standard bore with a hone, there will be shadows/stains in these two cylinders (7 & 8). If I were building this motor to sell, I would get it bored because I would take no chance of it smoking or anything. If I were building it for myself and only myself, I would hone it and run it. There is a 90% chance it would seal up fine and not smoke. This is up to the buyer on what they want to do. Also, I do not have a cam, timing set, or front cover for this motor.

What you get here is essentially a long block LS2, minus cam, timing set, and front cover. To complete you will need rings, bearings, gaskets, head bolts, oil pump, camshaft, timing set, and lifters.

Option 1: $1,700 as described.

Option 2: $2,800 as a fully assembled long block with Speed Pro hypereutectic pistons, Clevite P series main and rod bearings, Durabond cam bearings, Hastings moly rings, GM LS7 lifters, Melling oil pump, Victor Reinz cover gaskets and seals, GM head gaskets, and Victor Reinz head bolts. $1,200 deposit required.

Option 3: Custom. Cam, pistons, stroker, etc. Contact me for options and costs. Please don't waste my time if you don't have the money.

Last edited by fergymoto; 03-11-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice add free bump my dad and I own a machine shop too and I got some ls motors to sell also. Great add I mite have to steal it lol
Old 03-11-2015, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

Wednesday bump
Old 03-12-2015, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Bump 'er up
Old 03-13-2015, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

Bump for a new day.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Bump it up. Leaving for Dallas tomorrow. I can take this stuff with me for a deposit if anyone in that area wants it.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

check pm
Old 03-17-2015, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

i am very interested in the LS6 build. I'm looking for a replacement engine for my 2002 trans am daily driver. I'm wanting a N/A head and cam engine. Need contact information please. thanks.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

You can PM me if you wish, or email me at fergymoto@fbody.com

I will be racing in Shreveport, LA in May. If that is anywhere near you, it may be a good way to get the engine to you.

Sorry to those who have tried to contact me, I've been in Texas for eight days and will be home Thursday night.

Quick Reply: LS6 and LS2 engines for sale