Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

SOLD!!! Ls1 built/forged engine, low miles, ls6 valvetrain, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD!!! Ls1 built/forged engine, low miles, ls6 valvetrain, etc..

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $2500
Location (State): AZ
Item Condition: Used
Engine: LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

LS1 Forged with low compression pistons, LS6 valvetrain, ARP everything, etc...
Phoenix, AZ
602-738-3532 text preferred but calling is fine as well
$2,500 FIRM
Might be willing to ship

Please take the time to read this post and view the pictures and videos. I didn't want to sell this engine, as it was going to be used in a future project, but I recently resigned from my job and now have different priorities.

I have a story and proof for this engine, so it should provide you some piece of mind if you are a serious buyer...

I had found a Nissan 240sx that had this LS1 swapped into it, but it was far from from finished. The previous owner, who was doing the swap, did not complete it, ran out of money, and got frustrated and sold it to me. I bought it just for the drivetrain and parted out the shell.

The previous owner found the engine from a completely totaled 2002 Pontiac Firebird. Apparently what seemed that happened is that the original owner built the engine, boosted it, got it running, took it out for a run, and ended up killing himself. The Firebird had less than 52,000 miles!!! You can see the pictures and see the matching vin numbers from the car itself and the auction which he bought it off of.

Here's the picture taken after the engine was removed from the wrecked Firebird. You'll be able to see the previous set up it was running on with the procharger.

However, the previous owner parted out the procharger set up in order to get more funds to get the 240sx running. This lead to a couple of things...

The 240sx was running but the swap still needed a lot of work
It ran, but barely. The PCM was still tuned for boost, so when you got on the throttle, it would hesitate since it was now NA and hasn't been tuned. Which is fine, this was actually better because he never really drove it anywhere and put any extra miles on it. Also, there's no PCM with it now, so that just means you're going to have to tune it anyways

I ended up buying it because it ran fine for what it was and was able to drive it home. Here's a video I took of the car running from a cold start. You won't hear any knocks and oil pressure is spot on!

Right after that I immediately did a compression test to make sure the engine was truly healthy. IT WAS PERFECT. 150PSI across the board on every cylinder. spark plugs looked just fine. I took a video of it for proof, check it out for yourself...

Once removed from the car, I took off the valve covers and end up finding squeaky clean valve train with LS6 spring. There's probably a different cam in it as well, which is why the springs were upgraded, but I'm not sure of what cam is currently in it. I also took off the oil pan and end up seeing those beautiful forged low compression MANLEY pistons with ARP hardware everywhere where it counts. Head bolts, main caps, and rods were all bolted down using ARP hardware.

I've now had this engine a little over a year and a turn of events forces me to sell it. This is currently how it sits. Covered of course though..

Now, I know it looks greasy and dirty on the outside, but that's only because this was involved in a major roll over accident and fluids fell all on top of it and just had grime attach to it because of it. Previous owner that swapped the 240sx basically took it out of the Firebird and put it directly into the 240sx. So don't let the outside cloud your judgement. What the inside looks like is what matters.

Also, I sold the engine harness, PCM, and intake manifold because I was going to upgrade all of that either way. So this is what you get...

2002 Fully built and forged LS1
Low compression for boost (unsure of compression ratio)
Forged MANLEY pistons
ARP head bolts
ARP main cap hardware
ARP rod bolts
ARP valvetrain bolts
Clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel still on it with plenty of life left
Majority of sensors still on the motor
F-body oil pan

$2500 FIRM
. I refuse to let it go for even a penny less. The project I was going to use this for is on hold for about another year or two and if I sell this, I know I won't be able to replace it for the price I'm letting it go for.

As far as shipping goes, I'm not willing to ship via a freight service. I'd prefer someone to come down and pick this up. However, if you're nearby enough, I'd say 400 maybe even a 500 radius from 85340 then I can deliver it personally for an additional charge. Just contact me if you're interested and we'll work something out.

If you have any other questions that I haven't already answered please don't hesitate to call or text me at show contact info

Thank you for taking the time to read through this,

-Joel

Last edited by outlaw0209; 12-28-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 12-24-2015, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just have to point out that was not a procharger kit. GLWS
Old 12-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Just have to point out that was not a procharger kit. GLWS
Thanks and sorry if there was any confusion, however, for my own knowledge, if this isn't a procharger, then what is it? It's definitely not a turbo and a supercharger sits on top of the motor. The one pictured is belt driven. So I guess I'm just a bit confused...

Thanks again,

-Joel
Old 12-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Teching In

T56 manual transmission for sale?
Old 12-26-2015, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0209
Thanks and sorry if there was any confusion, however, for my own knowledge, if this isn't a procharger, then what is it? It's definitely not a turbo and a supercharger sits on top of the motor. The one pictured is belt driven. So I guess I'm just a bit confused...

Thanks again,

-Joel
Appears to be a Vortech

Old 12-26-2015, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lurik
T56 manual transmission for sale?
I do, but I'd rather not sell it on the forum. Although I'm 99% sure it's a good transmission, I never drove it personally and can't personally vouch for it with 100% certainty. So I would hate if it was a bad one and someone buy it out of state.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:34 AM
Teching In

really need manual transmission
Old 12-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Teching In

SOLD!!! Thank you everyone!

Originally Posted by lurik
really need manual transmission
It's an '04 GTO MN12 T56 with less than 70k miles and a complete clutch/flywheel/B&M shifter. All sensors and bellhousing included. I'd basically be looking to get $2100 for it. Again though, I'm not comfortable selling it out of state because I've never personally driven that transmission before.

Quick Reply: SOLD!!! Ls1 built/forged engine, low miles, ls6 valvetrain, etc..