Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking (FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $0
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird, Front wheel drive vehicles
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Hi Guys,

Up for sale is a turnkey LS2 engine from my 2007 Corvette C6. The only reason I’m selling is we’re stepping up to bigger engine. The engine is ready to go and needs nothing. Please feel free to ask any questions at all. If you’re local in Southern California, I can get you an amazing price on installation/tune. The engine will be removed from the car this week (week of 3/14). More pictures will be posted once it's removed.

2007 Corvette C6 LS2 Engine
~56k miles
450 WHP / 414 wTq on a Mustang Dyno on 91 Pump Gas
Never seen nitrous or FI
Never been road raced. Only roll racing and Shift S3ctor (1/2 Mile Race)

Price: SOLD!

I will give you a $100 finders fee if you help facilitate this sale. I’m a motivated seller but I’m in no rush to sell. Please don’t waste your time or mine with ridiculous offers or criticism.

OPTIONS AND MODIFICATIONS:
Engine Modifications:
  • LG Motorsports G5X3 Cam Package 114LSA
  • BTR Dual Springs with Titanium Retainers, Viton valve seals locators and valve locks
  • Ported FAST 102 Intake Manifold
  • Katech C5-R Timing Chain
  • Melling High Flow Oil Pump
  • Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports (CMS)

Things you will need to make this engine complete:
  • Throttle Body
  • Electronics/ECU
  • Clutch (I have an almost new LS7 for sale, please send me a PM for more information)
  • Headers & Exhaust
  • Oil Pan

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Previous Owners:
I am the third owner of the car (and engine). The first owner was in Houston, Texas and only used the car for a couple road trips with his wife. The second owner, Sonny, had this car in St. Louis and only put about 7,000 miles on it since he bought it. He had Tuning by Shane Hinds, a prestigious tuner in the STL area, install and tune the LG G5X3 CAM at around 30,000 miles. I am a car and corvette enthusiast that spent 6 months finding the right car to purchase. I picked this up from Sonny who took perfect care of this car and could not have been happier with the purchase. The car also has an aftermarket oil cooler and catch can to help prolong its life.

LG G5X3 CAM (How aggressive is it?)
This LS2 does have a moderately aggressive CAM, but Shane Hinds and Cunningham Motorsports (CMS) did such a fantastic job tuning it, that I daily drove the car while I owned it without any issues. It is very drivable, whether cruising on the highway, sitting in traffic, or tracking it if that’s your thing. It does have a lumpy idle, but it is very tame considering the size of the CAM. I drove the car from STL to Dallas, TX (8 hour drive) and Dallas, TX to CA (20 hours) and averaged more than 29 MPG. If you want a completely LS2, then you need to keep looking. If you want an LS2 that is in Z06 power territory, for a minute sacrifice in drivability that you won’t even notice, then this is the CAM for you.

MAINTENANCE INFORMATION:
Oils:
This LS2 (and the car in general) has been meticulously taken care of throughout its whole life. The previous owner, Sonny, changed the oil every couple of thousand miles with Mobile 1. Within 1 week of purchasing the Corvette, I took it to True Street Motorsports, a reputable shop in McKinney, TX, to have them flush and replace every fluid in the car. Although not at all necessary, it gave me peace of mind. They changed the oil, tranny fluid, differential fluid, brake oil and brake oil. I always had the oil changed well before each 3,000 mile interval with Mobile 1 5W-30.

Tuning:
The car was originally tuned by Shane Hinds, a prestigious tuner in the STL area right after he installed the LG G5X3 CAM. This car ran wonderfully in St. Louis and Dallas, TX. When I moved the California, due to the lower octane gas (91 vs 93) and different climate, I had this car re-tuned by Ryne at Cunningham Motorsports (CMS). CMS is the most reputable LSX and Corvette shop in California and did a wonderful job re-tuning it. It put down a reliable 450+ WHP after the tune and runs perfect again.

Valve Springs:
At 50,000 miles, during the installation of the FAST 102 Intake Manifold, I had American Heritage Performance put in new BTR Platinum w/ Ti Retainers Valve Spring Set. These should be good for a long time.

PICTURES AND VIDEOS:

Start Up and Walk Around Video:

Playing with a GTR and Corvette in Mexico:

Trip to Mexico:

Shift S3ctor Race Event:

Pictures:
(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-7dpixvo.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	7DPixvO.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	721778

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-kfyx8ff.jpg

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-4zeajof.jpg

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-htwox7k.jpg

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-rzvwt3i.jpg

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-4qy1anf.jpg

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-ykyojrh.png

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-ikfutgm.png

(FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]-o94lytq.png

CONCLUSION AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
I have no doubt that the next owner will enjoy this engine as much as I did and the previous two owners have. I hope that I’ve answered most of your questions and that you’re ready to buy this engine. But, should you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Name: Alex
E-mail: LinxuSx@gmail.com

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by LinxuSx; 03-25-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Teching In

All PM's replied. Bump!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Teching In

LS2 + FAST 102 are pending sale.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Sold!

Quick Reply: (FS) Complete LS2 Engine w/ LG G5X3 Cam and FAST 102 from 2007 Corvette [CA]