Notices

LSx Block

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx Block

Whatcha got? Im looking for something to throw in a play truck- four wheel drive- and may venture to turbo it one day. I do believe I will be boring the cylinders out a little so some scuffing to begin with wont hurt my feelings. Getting ready to tour the junkyards in the coming weeks but wanted to see what you guys had seeing I got a fantastic deal last time I bought one from here. Im located in Memphis, Tn and am not opposed to travel but shipping is also an option, I have a business address they can unload at. PM me or post on here and we will see what we can do!

Thanks,
Tim
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have shortblock out of 02 TA i bought as spare,heads were off and did have light surface rust above pistons,i pb blasted most of it off,imo it would need the .005 hone for sure,it came out of car with less than 40K on it,no doubt cause ive seen the car which got a diff. powerplant,dont see any obvious damage anywhere,has ARP rod bolts and ARP bottom end stud kit for the mains!!! havent got the crank pulley off yet but i imagine it has a pretty aggresive cam in it judging by the expensive ARP setup,this came from a used car dealer on a repo,he didnt have a clue about this motor(i took the oil pan off)$650 firm for block still assembled w/ pistons,rods,crank,front & rear covers,crank pulley,not going to ship this,im in east central AL
Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Launching!

I have an LSX standard deck block all ready to go been bored to 4.135' and needs the final hone done for your pistons and application. Looking to sell before christmas I am pretty form at $1,650 shipped. I have great trader feedback too
Old 12-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Default Pistons

If you decide to go 4.125 bore. I'll make you a very good deal on a set of manley premium forged pistons. I have an extra set sitting in the garage.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Have a 5.3 iron block

Quick Reply: LSx Block