Notices

Needed: Operational T56

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed: Operational T56

The T56 in my '98 z/28 has decided that is doesn't like 6th gear any longer. The lever goes into the gear, but letting the clutch out creates quite the gear/ teeth clashing sound. It used to just make a slight noise then kind of pop in, but it got worse. I don't even try just in case something is near failure.

I don't need a high zoot, Stage XXVI built trans or anything, just an operational T56. I'd prefer to just drop one trans and replace with another as opposed to rebuilding mine, which will put the car down for at least a week.

For the right price, I'd be willing to let my T56 go in exchange. I'm located in Orange Park, FL which is just south of Jax. 32073.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Tick will rebuild your T56 for $999, which includes shipping both ways. Its a pretty good deal, Level 1 includes all the OEM upgrades, better than installing what may or may not be a good used trans.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...camaro-firebird/
Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That doesn't include hard parts such as the 6th gear, 5/6 syncro assembly that will most likely need replacing. If it's been that way for a while I'm sure the fork pads are gone and eating through the fork.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys. I have looked at Tick, but as was said, my concern is sending it to Texas after paying the $1000 up front then finding out it is going to be another $300-$500 on top of the rebuild to fix 6th.
I called ASE Transmissions here in Orange Park, FL and got a quote for $1500 for a complete rebuild, a warranty, and the guarantee that will cover repairing 6th gear. I wasn't particularly impressed with that either.
I think I am just going to take it apart myself and just fix 6th. The rest of the trans is fine.
BTW, that is the irritating part. Of all the things to break...6th?!?

Quick Reply: Needed: Operational T56