Notices

WTB: OEM Camaro 17x9 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Default WTB: OEM Camaro 17x9 wheels

I am looking for a complete set of oem 17x9 wheels for my 2001 Camaro SS. Please let me know if you know of set for sale. I am interested in a perfect set with zero curb rash. My car has 9,000 original miles, and I am returning it to stock appearance. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

wesst@comcast.net or PM me.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you happen to know whether your car had 10-spokes or ZR1's when it was sold new, and whether they were chrome or painted? Maybe that doesn't matter for your purposes.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

My car was originally equipped with chrome 10 spoke wheels. I had issues with the chrome peeling within the first month of ownership. Mind you, I am the original owner and purchased the car new, so I know the wheels were OEM.

It was very frustrating to have the chrome peel so soon, so I explored the warranty avenue. I visited three dealers before I was able to convince a service manager I wanted new wheels, not have my existing wheels re-chromed. I believe there was a defect under the chrome, as it was flaking in large chunks.

Anyway, they ordered replacements and told me to bring my car back when hey arrived. I inspected he replacements prior to installation, and was satisfied.

About six months later, the replacement set started to peel. At this point I sold them and ordered Fikse FM5 wheels. I replaced the Fikse for the C5 replicas, because I was young and stupid. (needed money) Today I just want to restore the car to original specifications, but would prefer painted versions. Hope that helps...
Old 10-31-2015, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've heard that story before regarding the flaking chrome on the original wheels. I have two sets of painted 10-spokes, but I don't believe that they'd match your requirements. One set was taken off of a 40k mile car, and the other set are on my wife's 2001 SS with 50k on it. What is your location? If someone has a set close to you, perhaps they'll see this and get in touch with you quickly.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: WTB: OEM Camaro 17x9 wheels