Notices

Slp 2otl

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slp 2otl

Looking for the 95-97 LT1 (dual-cat) version of the SLP Power-Flo "Two On The Left" exhaust system. Doesn't have to be the whole system, just muffler & tips.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-10-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/500899-slp-exhaust.html

Or if that doesn't work, SLPonline still sells the muffler. They call it their "replacement muffler", but you should spot it pretty easy. Just look for the 1 in, 2 out setup. I just purchased one new from another member on here. Only bad part is that I'll have to have some tips fabbed up.

Good luck in your search for one. Took me a while.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Hey Scotty - thanks for the heads-up. I'm a little concerned about the inlet position however. The one on the SLP site shows the inlet in the center, while the SLP aftermarket Power-Flo version, which I guess they don't offer anymore, has the inlet towards the rear of the car, similar to the stock setup I have now. If I get the one in the center, not sure if the muffler will fit???Where is the inlet position on yours? I'm thinking there's two different SLP versions of the 2OTL.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mirage1LE
Hey Scotty - thanks for the heads-up. I'm a little concerned about the inlet position however. The one on the SLP site shows the inlet in the center, while the SLP aftermarket Power-Flo version, which I guess they don't offer anymore, has the inlet towards the rear of the car, similar to the stock setup I have now. If I get the one in the center, not sure if the muffler will fit???Where is the inlet position on yours? I'm thinking there's two different SLP versions of the 2OTL.
Nope, the 2OTL only came in one version. The center inlet is the correct one. Should be 3'' inlet and dual 2.5'' outlets on the left side. The Power-Flo is the renamed SLP Dual/Dual; not sure what you were looking at with that, but I'm sure it wasn't the correct one.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Nope, the 2OTL only came in one version. The center inlet is the correct one. Should be 3'' inlet and dual 2.5'' outlets on the left side. The Power-Flo is the renamed SLP Dual/Dual; not sure what you were looking at with that, but I'm sure it wasn't the correct one.
Check out this pic.

Found it on Ebay. Which one is that? Kinda hard to read, but I believe it says Power-Flo. Surely that's discontinued. Again, I worry that if I get the center inlet, the muffler won't fit under there, and I'll have to get the correct intermediate pipe. Maybe I'm thinkin' to hard about this!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mirage1LE
Check out this pic.

Found it on Ebay. Which one is that? Kinda hard to read, but I believe it says Power-Flo. Surely that's discontinued. Again, I worry that if I get the center inlet, the muffler won't fit under there, and I'll have to get the correct intermediate pipe. Maybe I'm thinkin' to hard about this!

I laugh because I'm familiar with that exact product. I saw that on Ebay (there were 2 of them) and purchased one by winning the auction. I then found out through some local guys in my f-body club the truth.... that's not a real 2OTL setup. The tips are correct, but that muffler is all wrong. The inlet is not in the center, the muffler does not have 4 circular weld marks across the top, and the center of the muffler is not raised in a lengthwise line. As I said, I won one of the auctions and then found out it was not real (the seller did not know this either) and I had to talk to him about it. He ultimately decided that he wouldn't force me to buy it and we had to go through an Ebay process of mutually agreeing to drop the auction.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z

I laugh because I'm familiar with that exact product. I saw that on Ebay (there were 2 of them) and purchased one by winning the auction. I then found out through some local guys in my f-body club the truth.... that's not a real 2OTL setup. The tips are correct, but that muffler is all wrong. The inlet is not in the center, the muffler does not have 4 circular weld marks across the top, and the center of the muffler is not raised in a lengthwise line. As I said, I won one of the auctions and then found out it was not real (the seller did not know this either) and I had to talk to him about it. He ultimately decided that he wouldn't force me to buy it and we had to go through an Ebay process of mutually agreeing to drop the auction.
Man, finding the right setup ain't easy! This one is exactly what you're talking about then..........
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
I'm still not convinced it'll slip right up to my stock LT1 intermediate pipe however........