Notices

De-carbon strut (front) LT1

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default De-carbon strut (front) LT1

Looking for a single front strut for my 1996 camaro SS.

I went to install my new springs and the nut wont come off my old strut. a shop has it right now, so im looking to replace the strut, my mount should still be ok, but i will buy whatever i need to get a used delphi de-carbon strut.

its for my front pass side, I'd like just the strut and no spring, and the bold to hold the spring on. I think they used the same struts from 93 and on.

Its an orange strut. Would need it ASAP!!!

thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PMed you... Hope you check it before noon!!

Justin
Old 07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

just took my break from work. do you still have the upper mount that goes on the strut? i need the pass side one, its diff from the drivers side. i think i may just get a cheap one at autozone or something for the time being, then replace them all with good ones a little later on.

where do you live? just tring to see how long it would take to get here, i hope i can get it back together soon.

thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if you can get it from autzone then thats probably yoru best bet... Its friday at 4...so even if I still had time to go back to UPS, it probably wouldnt see you until tuesday or wednesday.

Actually, I wont even have time to get them out til monday...so youre looknig at the end of next week. Just figured if I heard from you earlier today I would help ya out. But if you can get it locally...thats your best bet for getting it quick.

J.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These are off my 2000 Z28.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/756003-bmr-springs-spring-cups-stock-springs-front-shocks-rubber-isolators.html
Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

i bought a strut from autozone and ordered the upper strut mount from them also. i got mine apart but it ruined the mount.

Where can i get one of the shield thingys, looks like an upside down cup that protects the strut from debris? it sits inside the springs.

I cant get mine off my strut still.