Notices

WTB: Full TBI Harness and/or Custom Chip Tune.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation WTB: Full TBI Harness and/or Custom Chip Tune.

I have a quote out to a site right now, and another site bookmark which has a pretty darn good deal on one. I'd rather give the great folks here cash though!

There's 2 ways we can go about this: Use a 700R4 trans, or a 4L60E. I think we'd rather use a 700R4, but if the benefits on a 4L60E are better for tuning and so forth, then we'll run with that. Also though, the 4L60E setup would have to be compatible with the below, and a 1989-92 TBI motor. That's assuming the 4L60E computers are like LT1s which have flashable PCMs and control over trans shift points and line pressure. Also that harness would need to be compatible with an 85 S-10 Blazer instrument cluster (which would've ran on a setup similar to a 700R4's electronics).

Anyways, looking for a clean, non hacked up TBI harness. MIGHT need an ECM, but I type this only because I don't know what 2 we have at the shop. 747 or 746 would be prefered. Shouldn't matter what the harness comes from, but a 454 one most likely won't work. If it's a 4L60E setup, we might have a PCM for that, but if you have one let me know as well.

Also, the motor we have slapped together will need a custom chip, and I know we have a bunch of smart cookies here. If you can tune a TBI chip, PM me. It's nothing huge, just a B-Body LT1 roller cam (stock non roller springs which will probably float lol but the TBI probably can't keep up to that point anyways), stock bore 350, 454 TBI unit with 61# injectors and a heavier duty FPR spring for a bit more PSI. For the 4L60E tune if there is one being done, and it's required, the rear gears are 4.10s.

Sorry if this seems slapped together, I went back and added info in places where I felt it'd help. If you have questions, please PM me and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks a bunch, hope someone can help
Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a tbi harness in good uncut shape 150.00
Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I forwarded this onto him but I haven't heard back yet.

Quick Reply: WTB: Full TBI Harness and/or Custom Chip Tune.