Notices

WTB Parts For T-56 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTB Parts For T-56 Conversion

I have a 98 T \ A A 4 and I need all the parts to swap over to T-56.
The tranny can have a lot of miles ..dont shift.. as long as it is complete whith a good housing
Looking for the ECU & Harness
Thanks
Rik
Old 02-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Anyone have anything
Old 02-14-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

I have everything except the harness went with another engine i sold, but you can use your A4 harness but will need to get tuned, I'll explain below... Here's what i have:
'01 T56 6 speed (excellent condition, new clutch, shifts perfectly)
Crossmember/mount
Pedal assembly
HURST shifter w/ Hurst "H" ball
Driveshaft if you need it(they're all the same A4-M6)
Clutch/Flywheel/etc
Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
and...
Everything you need to swap physically except the "wiring" BUT IT DOESNT MATTER, we did my buddies a while back and for sure 100% you can use your A4 wiring harness, you just have to get someone that tunes and tell them to flash your computer and upload a 6 speed car's file. He will also be able to check your Check engine codes while flashing your computer from a A4 to M6. Basically he has to get a file from somebody else M6 car and download it to your car so that the harness and everything will work ad "THINK" that it was originally a 6 speed, thats all no big deal really. And it does work because ive done and seen it. Anyways im looking for about $2000 for it all but it all depends on shipping and a few things, the tranny is awesome i was gonna keep it for the future but things came up and stuff has to go...lemme know whats up in a PM because i probably wont check back in here(too many threads to look after)
THANKS