Notices

WTB/trade chrome stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb WTB/trade chrome stuff

I know MBA went out of business but I am looking for a brake, power steering, washer, and coolant bottle chrome caps, chrome oil dipstick top, pcm cover, and heater/headlight control *****. I also need a few stock 16" chrome 5 spoke firebird wheels. Do not need to be perfect, just look good on outside. Email me at mybabythebird@aol.com please for the fastest response.

THANKS!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont have any for sale but since it took me forever to find it all I can help with some....MidAmerica Corvette parts has the washer cap, brake, and master cylinder caps. Do a google search for a chrome Vette dipstick and you can find a whole replacment one for around $50. I got my PS cap (replacment...not cap cover) from of all places Autozone...they are made by Spectra.

Hope that helps some....finding all these is a pain in the ***!

I have added a lot of stuff since this pic....most is custom plated:
Old 06-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks!! Beautiful engine bay too!! How did you chrome the bracket above the washer fluid bottle?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mybabythebird
Thanks!! Beautiful engine bay too!! How did you chrome the bracket above the washer fluid bottle?

I bought extra parts off a wrecked car and sent them to a chrome shop to be chrome plated (there is a huge difference between "polished" and chromed by the way.) Like I said I have had A LOT of stuff chromed since that picture.

If you want the name of a top notch plater pm me...but just to let you know its not cheap!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Whats better, plating or powdercoating? Car sees winter snow and salt sometimes so which would hold up better and be easier to clean? Doesn't the chrome plating hold in heat? My ultimate goal is to carry my flame theme into the engine bay and interior without going overboard on it. Thanks!!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got the chrome wheels!!! $300
Old 06-20-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mybabythebird
Whats better, plating or powdercoating? Car sees winter snow and salt sometimes so which would hold up better and be easier to clean? Doesn't the chrome plating hold in heat? My ultimate goal is to carry my flame theme into the engine bay and interior without going overboard on it. Thanks!!
Its not a question of whats better...its what fits your needs more. No chrome doesnt hold in heat enough to make a difference. Chrome is WAY more expensive than powder coating. Power Coating is way more durable. But chrome plating looks WAY WAY better.

Honestly though if yours is a daily driver I wouldnt spend the money on chrome plating.

Quick Reply: WTB/trade chrome stuff