Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking Just got my HP Tuners

Well, I just sold my VHP Tuner for my 98 Z28 and have replaced it with $649 worth of HP Tuners. Holy freakin crap. I think you can control how fast the blinkers blink with this thing. I am about to embark on a VERY long road of reading/learning/ / / / Have to say, its a little intimidating. I've come to one conclusion: I do not want to do all of my work on the damn laptop. Most of my reading/studying/work is done at my desktop. How hard would it be to have it on both? Or is it even possible?
Also, somewhere in the pile of stickies i came across what is currently being debated in a really old post from '05... something like Finally... Tuning 101. To me its got a lot of good info in there, but again, this is based off of literally minutes of experience. In a few months, I will be purchasing either a PLX wideband or an LC1 and I'll try to wire it up in a stock location like soundengineer shows.

But, yeah, if anyone knows if its possible to do the work on two computers (laptop and PC) then please chime in. I am looking forward to learning all about our operating system.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The license resides with the cable, it doesn't care what or
how many computers you plug it into.

I'm personally not a fan of hard mounted widebands, they
have some entertainment value I suppose but I like to just
use it when I need it (and I move it from vehicle to vehicle).
The LC-1 is kind of notorious for ground offset problems,
take your time in researching that buy.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah Im not really interested in having a wideband gauge lighting up my interior just yet. All I really care about is integrating it into my HPT so I can tune with a more clear picture. Maybe the PLX? In the future I'll get a Interceptor for entertainment, lol, and the wideband signal can come thru that.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

FWIW, I've got it on both computers now, and I just email the tunes back and forth. Flippin sweet!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

My cable came in last night too, I've been having a lot of fun tuning this car.

I've always used TunerCat for OBD1 cars and always been very happy with the level of control and detail that really good tuning software has. HPTuners so far to me appears to be right there in terms of what it can do...and it supports SO MANY cars it's just awesome.