Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm test

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcm test

Is there any way to do a diagnostic on the pcm to make sure all circuts are good? I'm getting data at th port, but am hunting down a bad ground and would like to confirm it's not the pcm having a bad/burt circut.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Re: pcm test

Well I wish I could help further. I do not know of any diagnostics other than the DTC's that would indicate that. P0601-606 would be PCM probs. but that sounds highly unlikely that the PCM would be at fault. Does the car crank and run or what is the problem exactly? Have you put it on a scanner? That would be your best bet. hope this helps.

Jeremy formato
Old 09-21-2003, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Cranks but doesn't fire. Autotap shows everything, but during cranking the voltage drops away to nothing. It's a swap so the wireing is sketchy. We have voltage/continuity all the way to the coils/injectors bu it's not fireing. Only codes are for evap. I'll try another pcm to confirm, even if the vats are wrong if it's the pcm it should fire momentarily even with a diferent pcm if that's it. Could also be a ground/short elsewhere.
Thanks for the input
Old 09-22-2003, 09:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

sure your INJ's are grounded?

Check the VATS again, perhaps try the bypass thing. VATS prevents the inj's from opening.