Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC Counts

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IAC Counts

I need to be able to monitor my IAC counts as well as my TPS angle in order to adjust my idle. I have a Diablo handheld that I was almost certain had the IAC counts on it, but I guess it doesn't. It shows the TPS angle, but without the IAC counts on display, I cannot match the two and I would just be running blind. Is there some way that I can monitor the IAC counts myself without spending a fortune in taking the car to the tuning shop?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

You'll need a scan[ner] tool capable of scanning GM enhanced parameters. EFILive has a scan only package as does HPTuners. EFILive offers an upgrade path to their full tuning suite. I would imagine HPT does as well, but I can't say for certian. One of their reps will probably step in to clarify.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That EFI Live scanner costs even more than taking it to the tuning shop, way more actually. I know it would probably be a great tool to have, but I was really hoping that there was some way I could do this with the Diablo programmer itself. I have to adjust the idle screw on the TB so that the IAC counts are within range while keeping the TPS angle under 1%. I was thinking that I could go old school and use a cheaper device to measure millivolts while simultaneously using the Diablo to monitor the TPS angle, but I don't know what the relation would be from IAC counts to millivolts. I need to have the IAC counts between 30 and 60.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebird71
That EFI Live scanner costs even more than taking it to the tuning shop, way more actually. I know it would probably be a great tool to have, but I was really hoping that there was some way I could do this with the Diablo programmer itself. I have to adjust the idle screw on the TB so that the IAC counts are within range while keeping the TPS angle under 1%. I was thinking that I could go old school and use a cheaper device to measure millivolts while simultaneously using the Diablo to monitor the TPS angle, but I don't know what the relation would be from IAC counts to millivolts. I need to have the IAC counts between 30 and 60.
is that patrick g's old car in your sig?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our VCM Scanner only package would allow you to monitor your iac counts and does have upgraded paths to our full tuning suite as well if you decide to go that route at a later time.

Of course our Standard VCM Suite($499) package will also be able to monitor IAC counts and also allow you to tune your vehicle as well as up to 3 additional vehicles.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

"Cheap, fast, reliable, pick two." Before you toss any more money at the problem you should probably contact a Diablo rep and see what they have to say about it. On the monetary topic, how much does your tuner charge? EFILive's V1 scan tool runs about $250, HPT's around $350, and EFILive V2 about $400. I would have anticipated your tuners price to fall somewhere between there.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
is that patrick g's old car in your sig?
Yeah, he tuned it with EFI Live, but I had a problem with a voltage spike that was causing the idle to creep up. After diagnosing and fixing the problem, I had a whole new problem. Since I messes with the idle screw during that time without a tuning device, the car now try to search for the proper idle and seems a bit confused at times. I already had an old Diablo lying around, so I thought I could just use it as a scan tool to fix the problem, but obviously I will need something more.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
"Cheap, fast, reliable, pick two." Before you toss any more money at the problem you should probably contact a Diablo rep and see what they have to say about it. On the monetary topic, how much does your tuner charge? EFILive's V1 scan tool runs about $250, HPT's around $350, and EFILive V2 about $400. I would have anticipated your tuners price to fall somewhere between there.
I was mostly looking at the V2 because I wasn't sure if the V1 would monitor the IAC counts. My tuner would charge around $200, maybe I could even talk them down a little. It just drives me crazy that I could do this myself in like 5 minutes if I could just find someone who already had the software I needed.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

The V1 would work fine for what you're doing if you want to make the investment. Otherwise, you might try posting in the regional section to find someone that can help you out.