Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Help- High O2 readings

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Help- High O2 readings

Ok guys I am having a strange situation. I think it is a bad O2 sensor (unfortunately all the local places are sold out so I cant replace until tomorrow) but I am unsure. Any recommendations are apprecaited.

1. This is on my solid roller 408 with a street cam in it. 42# injectors and an LS6 intake. Fuel Pressure is sitting at 62#'s. I just had the injectors checked and they were clean and all matched perfectly.

1b. The tune is the "start point" tune TSP sent me and a few weeks ago Fbodycentral said the tune looked "close enough" for now. (I am going back to get a good dyno tune but dont want to waste another day on the dyno with wierd readings)

2. The car starts fine and seems to not have any issues until it goes Open Loop.

2b. I have tio have the idle at around 1200rpm right now to keep it from stubling to much.

2c. I have noticed the passenger side headers gets much hotter than the drivers side which indicates a leaner condition on that bank.

2d. If I blip the throttle in Closed loop the injector duty cycle increases like you would expect.

3. EFI Live monitoring doesnt throw any codes .

3b. I am only running the front O2's.

4. When in Closed loop Bank 1 reads 4-5% injector duty and bank 2 reads 3-4%. Spark hovers around 32 degrees. Air flow is around 20g/s. MAP reads around 41 kPa.

5. When the car goes into open loop the following happens:
Bank 1 LTFT climbs quickly to 25% and basically sits there unless I give it gas.

Bank 2 LTFT climbs quickly to 13-15% and sits there unless I give it gas.

If I give it gas both banks drop to single digits then almost immediately go back to their 25% and 15% values respectively even if I maintain the RPMs at 2000+.

So that is what I am montioring.

Any suggestions? I am gonna replace both O2's because the O2 readings seem to be really high.

I attached the efilive log that I used to see what was happening.
Attached Files
File Type: efi
o2.efi (13.2 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by 93LS1RX7; 12-07-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Ok guys I am having a strange situation. I think it is a bad O2 sensor (unfortunately all the local places are sold out so I cant replace until tomorrow) but I am unsure. Any recommendations are apprecaited.

1. This is on my solid roller 408 with a street cam in it. 42# injectors and an LS6 intake. Fuel Pressure is sitting at 62#'s. I just had the injectors checked and they were clean and all matched perfectly.

1b. The tune is the "start point" tune TSP sent me and a few weeks ago Fbodycentral said the tune looked "close enough" for now. (I am going back to get a good dyno tune but dont want to waste another day on the dyno with wierd readings)

2. The car starts fine and seems to not have any issues until it goes Open Loop.

2b. I have tio have the idle at around 1200rpm right now to keep it from stubling to much.

2c. I have noticed the passenger side headers gets much hotter than the drivers side which indicates a leaner condition on that bank.

2d. If I blip the throttle in Closed loop the injector duty cycle increases like you would expect.

3. EFI Live monitoring doesnt throw any codes .

3b. I am only running the front O2's.

4. When in Closed loop Bank 1 reads 4-5% injector duty and bank 2 reads 3-4%. Spark hovers around 32 degrees. Air flow is around 20g/s. MAP reads around 41 kPa.

5. When the car goes into open loop the following happens:
Bank 1 LTFT climbs quickly to 25% and basically sits there unless I give it gas.

Bank 2 LTFT climbs quickly to 13-15% and sits there unless I give it gas.

If I give it gas both banks drop to single digits then almost immediately go back to their 25% and 15% values respectively even if I maintain the RPMs at 2000+.

So that is what I am montioring.

Any suggestions? I am gonna replace both O2's because the O2 readings seem to be really high.

I attached the efilive log that I used to see what was happening.
You have mentioned a couple times when the car goes open loop. the car should be going closed loop after start up not open. But a couple things could be happing bad ground or vacum leak somewhere are you getting any error codes when it goes 25%
Old 12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I was saying it backwards. Please substitue Closed loop for Open Loop. Thanks

No error codes other than AC stuff which I dont have connected.