Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System Too LEAN!! Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default System Too LEAN!! Need some advice

Hey guys! I just pulled The codes for bank 1 and 2 too lean and also random multiple misfire. I am trying to figure out what could be the problem as I have already sprayed the intake with brake kleen, cleaned mas airflow, triple checked all my intake rubber including pcv system and can't figure out the issue. I also am having an idle problem as it wants to hang at 1500. Mechanically the throttle body is working properly so I cant blame it. Please let me know what you think. I might just pull the intake on Thursday and replace the gaskets. I dont think the intake is cracked because it would be whistling and should have been affted by the spray unless the crack is underneath. It wont take me but an hour to pull and replace the gaskets but I am worried because the random multiple cylinder misfire code, but I do have a cam. You guys think since it's a 98 when i put the FAST intake manifold on, the system jumped out of range because the new air volume? Please help
Old 12-08-2008, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

did you buy that intake new or used. Normaly a MAF would take care of the problem but when did you start having the problem before or after the cam or the Fast Intake
Old 12-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same exact issue after installing a catch can and switching to the ls6 PCV system. The code you are describing are almost always related to unmetered air entering the system. Few things you need to look for

1. make sure your PCV Valve isnt malfunctioning (thats what caused mine)
2. Make sure intake manifold gaskets are still good and not leaking. Also make sure the intake is not cracked or dammaged anywhere.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

shouldnt' it be pulling less vacuum if there is a leak?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the coolant crossover isn't holding the intake up and causing a leak. Brake clean isn't always easy to find leaks with - see if you can find a shop with a smoke machine that detects leaks...
Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you put the button head bolts in the valley cover when you replaced the intake?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

coolant x-over is good as I bent it down a little when I installed it. and yes I put the panhead bolts in the valley cover. I couldnt believe why people wouldn't!