Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non LS1 question........ 95 mustang GT tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Non LS1 question........ 95 mustang GT tuning

Now I was talking to a friend about his 95 mustang and his ability to get it tuned after heads/cam/intake. He says he needs to buy a piggyback system to overide the factory settings. Is it true or is there software out there that can simply be plugged in and dynotuned.

From my understanding Ls1 Vehicles can have their factory ECU parameters changed without any additional hardware installed in the vehicle, just software and a computer to gain access.

thanks ahead of time for your help
Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he needs a chip, there are several options out there, but he needs a chip. (not a piggy back, they replace the factory ECU data)

SCT makes chips, as does diablo, moates, and a couple of others.

Ryan
Old 12-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

The piggy back system that he's talking about is most likely the Anderson Racing PMS set up. It works well, but lacks some of the parameters that you can use in SCT Advantage III, or Diablo Sports CMR software. I've used all three, personally I like the SCT stuff, but that's just because I'm the most familiar with it. But as the other poster said, you'll need a chip with the SCT or Diablo Sport stuff.

That changes for Ford in 96, and then you can just flash the computer like an LS1, but you still need an interface like the Preditor from Diablo Sport, or XCAL3 from SCT.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Teching In

I would go with SCT as that's what I used in my '87 GT (still has the OBD-1 computer).