PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to tune for following mods with diablosport?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to tune for following mods with diablosport?

hey guys,

i finally got around to installing the following mods on my car which is otherwise stock:

jet hot 1 3/4 long tube headers
jet hot off road y pipe
slp loudmouth2
slp lid
k&n

I did a tune on my car when it was stock form with the diablosport. Easy plug and play and noticed a nice difference. I just don't know how to tune for the new mods. Any help before I ruin something

Thanks in advance
Old 12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

To maximize these mods your best bet would be to have the car tuned at one of our CMR dealers.

They can dial it in on the dyno or the street and get you running perfrctly, and load the custom tune to your Predator.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Last edited by srtricky; 12-18-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Please dont make this out to sound as if I played a bait and switch game with you, as I certainly did not.

I just went through all of my PMs with you, and you never mentioned anything about tuning for headers in those conversations.
You then come here and post a question, to which I replied with the best answer possible, see a CMR tuning dealer.
Now, thats not to say that is the only option....the Predator does have quite a bit of adjustment allowing the end user to alter the WOT A/F ratio, as well as timing and several other parameters that would help you dial in your new combo.
However, after re-reading your initial PM to me, I would STILL suggest that you let a pro tune the car on the dyno, as you clearly stated that you were not good with these types of things, and simply wanted to know if the Predator was easy to use, which it obviously was since you have had good luck with it up to now.

If you really want to take the time to learn, please join our forums and start logging your car and there are several nice guys over there that will happily help you analyze your log files to dial in your set up, though in any case it will always be BEST to tune the car on a loaded dyno or on the street with a wideband and a tuner that understands what the car is telling him.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-17-2008, 01:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I've also never hesitated to send a tune to anyone on this or any other forum if they are using our product, all they ever have to do is ask....
Old 12-17-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
I've also never hesitated to send a tune to anyone on this or any other forum if they are using our product, all they ever have to do is ask....

so if i asked you to send me a tune for my truck in my sig you could send me one? how would i get it into the truck after that?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
could you send me a tune for 02 z28?
Mods: pacesetter lt's, custom y pipe, !cats.!air, ssra, descreened and ported maf, lid, ported throttle body.

already turned off trouble codes with diablo havent messed with a/f ratio or timing.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
so if i asked you to send me a tune for my truck in my sig you could send me one? how would i get it into the truck after that?
Sure, upload a copy of the stock file stored in your Predator, email it to me and we'll set you up with a custom tune that you can load right to the Predator.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by blkdkz28
could you send me a tune for 02 z28?
Mods: pacesetter lt's, custom y pipe, !cats.!air, ssra, descreened and ported maf, lid, ported throttle body.

already turned off trouble codes with diablo havent messed with a/f ratio or timing.
Can do, but it is still best to at least check A/F with a wideband after the new tune.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what basic changes do you guys make for a custom tune with these guys?
Old 12-17-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool, i was unaware that it was available for that kind of thing. expect an email from me tomarrow sometime. THANKS!!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Mike your right. I went over my pm's and realized I assumed that it would be a breeze to do the headers (as in just tell me what parts of the menu to go to and tell the thing I put headers on lol) Obviously not the case. I take back what I said. Mike has been helpful. thanks

ricky