Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the market for a new wideband controller - Professionals

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the market for a new wideband controller - Professionals

I'm in the new market for a wideband controller for my dyno room and was seeing if any of the professionals here would like to step in and share their experiences.

I have a few requirements

1. solid software, nothing more irritating than software that is always crashing, or having problems connecting, etc.

2. external sensor datalogging MAP sensor is absolute must, prefer it to be native. IE onboard map sensor.

3. Reliable RPM pickup.

4. Would like histograms to be native to the software.

I honestly think the innovative LMA-3 suits my needs best but I can't find it in summit anymore and I'm a little gun shy with it as my LM-1 and "logworks" has been quirky at best at times. The LM3 looks good, but doesn't have map support. I would have to build a 5v power supply and go from there. PLX has some nice software but I have limited experience with it.

One might ask, why not use HPtuners - Pro or EFIlive. Well, we do a lot of systems that do not have nice data acquisition if any at all. An example would be a MEFI RamJet 502, or a carb race engine, or older OBD1 chip cars.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Check out performance trends.com I use there software for other programs and it works great. they provide you with the voltages you need to add it to a input on another accesory.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Companies that make "professional" widebands don't make generic logging software and companies that make logging software don't make professional widebands. Sorry.

Your best bet is to just get a professional (ECM, Horiba, ETAS, Motec) wideband with a 0-5v output and wire that into the datalogger of your choice. Many dynos have analog boards that allow you to add multiple 0-5 circuits for wideband, MAP sensors, etc. which will allow you to overlay the data with the power numbers and RPM pickup. I prefer to use my ECM LambdaPRO's 0-5v output wired directly into either an HPT or SCT datalogger for 95% of my aftermarket work. In the case of a non GM/Ford application, I just wire it into the analog board of the dyno.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
FormerVendor

Alvin, I see you mentioned PLX in the possible manufacturer of the product your looking for.

Shoot me a PM of the model your interested in and ill work with you to see if it meets your needs and if it does we will get you the best price possible thanks to all the support from our LS1tech members.

Thanks,
Derek
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-g...rchase-26.html