PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car likes to die and I have the CCE, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car likes to die and I have the CCE, any ideas?

I have the cruise control effect from my TB hole and idle screw letting in too much air. But, if I don't have it that way, the car doesn't like to start when the motor is cold. I have to give it just a little gas anyway like it is. It will also idle down low sometimes when I let off the gas, mostly around corners for some reason. I have checked for air leaks. I did have a big air leak (bellows came off TB), I fixed this, but then it went back being the way it was after 50 or so miles. I'm thinking it must be a PCM issue. My idle tune is set for a car with a decent size cam (227 on a 110), but I put my stock cam back in. Any ideas what it might be?
Old 09-28-2003, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: Car likes to die and I have the CCE, any ideas?

With the stock cam back in there has to be something wrong. Have you tried flashing it with a stock file to see if that fixes it.

If not, I would start looking for vacuum leaks, bad O2 sensor, bad MAP sensor, bad MAF sensor.

Just for kicks, try running a short belt for a bit (bypass the power steering pump). When my power steering pump went bad, the car had some trouble in the lower RPM's and around corners. However, my power steering pump was making a hell of a noise.

Good Luck
Old 09-29-2003, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car likes to die and I have the CCE, any ideas?

I no longer have my stock file, my hard drive died with it stored on there and no backup. I'll check some more, but I'm not getting any codes for the MAP, MAF is new (1000-1500 miles), and Ltrims seem to be the same and aren't out of whack. I do get 02 heater codes though, maybe they don't heat up quick enough? But, once the motor is hot I would think the problem would go away if that was it. Also, no power steering so that isn't it. Thanks for the tips though.