PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this PCM work with my needs?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this PCM work with my needs?

As the title says..

Service number: 12589462
Hardware number: 12589161

It has Blue and Green connectors and is supposedly from a 03 Yukon

Here is a list of stuff I would like if possible:
1.) Electric fan control via PCM
2.) DBW throttle body converted to cable (what needs to be changed)
3.) Low oil pressure shutdown (possible?)
4.) Rear o2 sensor delete
5.) EVAP and all unnecessary emissions delete
6.) Any other cool features possible?

Please let me know, thanks guys.

Sam
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a 2005 2006 drive by wire PCM, I don't think you can use it, since it most likely doesn't have IAC drivers in it.
The only green and blue pluged PCM, that I know of that still had IAC drivers in it, is the 2004 service number 12586243

It doesn't mater which PCM you use with low oil pressure shut, since you use a mechanical switch to kill the fuel pump relay and it doesn't go through the PCM
Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Launching!

How do you know all of that? Is there a chart or something I am missing? Why did everyone tell me that it doesnt matter which pcm/harness combo you get because you can mod any one to your needs....

Anyone else?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by samh_08
How do you know all of that? Is there a chart or something I am missing? Why did everyone tell me that it doesnt matter which pcm/harness combo you get because you can mod any one to your needs....

Anyone else?
Don't listen to everybody, they're not always right. Most people post from their experiances. Some us play with swaps a lot more then with factory drive trained vehicles and what we've run in to is a lot differant, then what the guys who work on factory drintrains in original vehicle do. Example, very seldon in a swap vehicle do you use the BCM, you just disable the VATS in the PCM, and start the motor up. Disabling the VATS in the PCM doesn't alway help in the original vehicle, since some of them use a start interlock relay controlled by the BCM. If you would jump the strarter, the vehicle would run, but trying to use the key wouldn't allow the vehicle to start, since the BCM locked out the starter. If you would have searched deeper, you would have found out drive by wire and drive by cable systems are 2 differant animals completely and it would be a lot easier to use wiring and PCM to the system, you plan on running. The wiring harness can be converted, the PCM can not. To play it safe, I'll say most of the 1999 through 2001 LS motor PCM's interchange. Some 2002's wil also go in to that catagory. 2005 and newer should be drive by wire and will not work for drive by cable, The good news is you should be albo to modify your wiring and either swap your PCM for one you can use or sell it and buy one you can use. By the search is your friend, you just need to know, which sites to believe. This is why some of the vendors get some of what some people consider high prices, because they supposily did their research, and should be selling you a drop in product. Since you need your Vats and other thing changed, either email a few sponsers or post a thread requesting buying a PCM already flashed and them taking your PCM back as a core. Jessie (Wait4Me)seems to be an outstanding vendor with fair prices, he might do it. I'd trade you PCM's but I forsee nothing in the near future I'm going to be doing with DBW.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by samh_08
As the title says..

Service number: 12589462
Hardware number: 12589161

It has Blue and Green connectors and is supposedly from a 03 Yukon

Here is a list of stuff I would like if possible:
1.) Electric fan control via PCM
2.) DBW throttle body converted to cable (what needs to be changed)
3.) Low oil pressure shutdown (possible?)
4.) Rear o2 sensor delete
5.) EVAP and all unnecessary emissions delete
6.) Any other cool features possible?

Please let me know, thanks guys.

Sam

What is this going in are what are your goals for the vehicle?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Launching!

It is going in a 86 monte carlo. Not really sure what you mean by what my goals are but it will have PRC stg 2.5 heads and a torquer 3 cam with some BRPhotrods g-body swap long tube headers. I will be using the truck intake and want to convert over to a cable throttle body setup unless DBW is the way to go. I will also either be purchasing either EFIlive or HPtuners very soon along with a wideband. It will be mostly a street machine..Let me know if that is what you had in mind when you asked what my goals were. Keep the help coming .

Sam
Old 01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Do you eventually want to run a power adder?

Do you want to control the vehicle exclusively with the stock pcm?

If so, the 512kb pcm is for you. Easily identifiable by the RED and BLUE connectors.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Launching!

No power adders of any sort..strictly motor.

As far as I know I want to control the vehicle exclusively with the stock PCM (What other options would there be...Please elaborate on that question so I know were on the same page)

Please keep in mind that I need to control a 05 LQ4 and 4L60E and would like to run in speed density right from the get go if possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will this PCM work with my needs?