Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tune and injector swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tune and injector swap

I don't think I am ambitious enough or patient enough to try and tune my car myself. I have a dumb question though. If during the dyno tune it is determined that I need bigger injectors, will the tuner usually install them? Should I just show up early and slap them on myself in the parking lot before hand? I know I shouldn't drive with larger injectors without reprogramming. I don't want to waste $100 on a mail order tune just to drive a car with bigger injectors to get it dyno tuned and I don't want to waste $ on a tuner that I will hardly use. What do you guys normally do?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

every tuner is different some will put them in for you for no extra charge, some will charge a small fee, some will let you put them in there, just depends on the tuner
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Our normal routine for the situation you are describing is to stop the tuning process if any parameter is outside of the accepted norm.

If at all possible thru phone calls, email and or pm we make a point of getting to know our customer's setups as best we can and make recommendations based on our experience that will help them realize their goals as best we can within their budget prior to a tuning appointment.

For some who travel greater distances the situation has arisen, although not frequently, that the injectors they had come in with were simply just not enough. In those cases, we stopped the process and acquired the appropriate injectors. Yes, in one instance we had to send a customer home with a "safe" tune and order larger injectors as our stock went low. We didn't charge that customer anymore to complete the tune as we didn't think he would have a problem with the injectors he had (our mistake) and set the appointment.

For those closer, it doesn't take much time to log injector duty cycle.

In short consult the shop about your setup, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Banned

If the car is drivable on the current injectors, why not drive the car to the shop that will be doing the tuning, then change the injectors there?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

I had thought of that, but just wondered what would happen if it was determined that my stockers were fine? I would have already broke the seal on the packaging of the new injectors and then I wouldn't be able to get a refund or sell them for as much. I'll probably just talk to the guy I will be taking my car to.