Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on OBD2 port issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Question on OBD2 port issue

Ok this isnt an lsx car however its on my winter beater and Im at a loss as what to do next. I have a 97 Eclipse rs with the the chrysler 2.0. car runs great except today I got a check engine light. I went to plug in my Scanner and it would not detect that it was pluged into my eclipse. However I tested it on my Z-28 and it worked fine. WTF is going on here. I tested all the fuses with a test light and made sure the connection was snug. ALso yes this car is an OBD2 model before anyone says anything on that lol. Please help me! I know its a Ricer POS but It keeps my Baby out of the snow and road salt!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of scanner, your f-car is a vpw vehicle, your eclipse is probably iso, or some other OBD protocol. Your scanner might not support it, there are at least 4 different "obd2" protocols (scp, vpw, can, sci)

Ryan
Old 01-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slow
What kind of scanner, your f-car is a vpw vehicle, your eclipse is probably iso, or some other OBD protocol. Your scanner might not support it, there are at least 4 different "obd2" protocols (scp, vpw, can, sci)

Ryan

see the funny thing is the scanner worked perfectly when I first bought the car and the TPS sensor went out earlier this year.

Last edited by Justin93; 01-06-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Im at a loss as to what it could be, I traced the wires to look for snags and rips leading to the Port and found nothing.