Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dfi or xfi worth it for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Default dfi or xfi worth it for me?

i have my whole tax return, and more set aside for my car. its a 4 bolt splayed lt1 block with forged & stroked internals (3.75 crank). i will be using a real nice of stock casting heads and a port matched stock intake. the clearances in the bottom end are set up for up to a 250 shot. but anyway, i dont planning on spinning the motor past 7k (hydraulic roller). its an a4 & thru the stock opti. i was considering purchasing a dfi or xfi managment system. would this be a wise upgrade for my goals & setup? i am shooting for low tens on nitrous & mid 11's n/a. i was already planning on getting lt1 edit, getting a dyno tune then making adjustments from there. would it be worth me spending that much cash? and what exactly would be the advantages over the factory pcm? would the money be better spent somewhere else? (ignition upgrade, single plane conversion)? i take the car to the track every week or 2, which is why i would like to tune it myself (with help, of course). the suspension is not a problem. i want to concentrate on trap speed. thanks