PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car stays at 2000RPM out of gear

Old 10-06-2003, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car stays at 2000RPM out of gear

I have been playing with the main ve tables and idle controls to get my car to idle better. I got the idle better but now the car stays at 2K RPM out of gear until I hit 10MPH. I read the article by NoGo and I have been adjusting the P/N airflow decay. So far I have reduced it by 5% (95% multiplier) about 4 times with no luck. Is there any danger zone I should be worried about or just keep trying until it stops. I am also sure that changed in my VE table caused this. I didnt have the problem with the stock main VE table and the only other thing I did was increase the idle timing by 2 degrees. Should I change the VE table more or I am going in the right direction with the P/N airflow decay?
Old 10-06-2003, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Car stays at 2000RPM out of gear

Is there any difference as the car warms up? If so look to the IAC and RAF tables. Start by lowering the tables across the board by the same value. Then raise or lower each by the same value, in the temp. ranges with the problem. See if that has an effect. The difficulty in tuning for idle and part throttle running, is that there is an optimum value for each table and the car runs best when you find that combo. I used idle as the target.I had set it at 750 and worked the tables to that. In the end I raised the idle to 775 and that was the last step and worked very well.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

So should I put my P/N Airflow decay back to stock settings and then play with those? When I pulled the program,the RAF and IAC settings that the tuner put in were to high I think. So I may just lower them to a little higher than stock and see what results I get. either way I am starting to get a hold of these settings.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the problem begins after the car has warmed up to 170*f and continues after it gets hotter, the RAF and IAC tables should help. I also lowered the decay and Throttle cracker #'s. VE is a good question. I put the Z06 values in mine, because of my setup. I saw changes in LTFT's and A/F. I did not feel any difference, as you should for idle issues.

Search this Thread