Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange issues with my tuning program files

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange issues with my tuning program files

Okay so i'm running vista and im using 2 tuning programs for my car, TunerCATS, and Datamaster. Both of these programs have to be run in compatibility for xp. The issue im having is i can save the files just fine using the program and if im in the program i can find and open the files just fine but if i try to find the files using "my computer" the .bin (tune) and .uni (datalog) files do not appear. It is really weird, using the program i can see that the files are in C>program files>CATS>Tuner. But if i try to open that with mycomputer those files dont exist, which make it impossible to email them to people, the only work around i have found is to go into the program, hit open file, then right click and copy/paste that file in the same directory (if i try to paste to desktop it says can not locate file) then delete the copy. Then i go into the recycle bin and drag and drop that file on the desktop. I know it shouldnt be like this, any idea whats wrong? I have my properties set to view hidden files but they still dont appear.