Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about trying a bin

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question about trying a bin

I'm not truly trying to start an ignorant post, but I have a question that I hope yall can answer. I started doing the cpig guide to tuning, but decided to stop since I don't have a wideband yet. I kept all of my tables stock except for things like speedo, codes, etc. When I am done moving and getting settled in I plan on getting back into learning more advanced things about tuning, but for now I was wondering what luck I might have, or how dangerous it would be, to try a certain bin from the repository.

One in particular that I saw had very similar mods. While we both have hotcams and are 98's, he has shorty headers, 160*, and MAF ends. The description claims that HIS car runs perfectly with that particular tune. Both of us have stock fuel setups I believe.

Obviously, I am not looking at bins showing larger VE numbers, heads, or power adders. I have done the compare feature and noticed that the #s don't appear to be drastically different.

Again, sorry for the ignorance . I am not trying to get a canned tune to last forever because I still want to start from my stock tune after I get all set up. Just thinking about trying this setup temporarily and wondering if there are any things to look out for. If I was to do this, what, other than KR, would I be concerned with watching since I don't have a wideband yet?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default bin

If you did the compare and just seen minor differences, it might be o-k.
Try it but like you said be sure and watch for KR. You can also watch you narrowband O2's. and see if they stay lean or go pig rich....
Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with above, make sure numbers are close. I would also watch LTFTs.
I've never had much success personally with the repository.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotcha. I think I might give it a try. Thanks!