Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Stuff 3 Issues... Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Big Stuff 3 Issues... Help

I have a BS3 Gen 3 ECU in my GTO. The unit itself is working fine for the most part and does everything I need it to do. But I am having one very annoying problem.

When I connect my PC to the ECU without the car running it will stay connected forever and let me make changes as I please and save and update whatever I need to. The problem is that when I start the car and its running with the PC connected. About 5-8 seconds after I give the car any RPM at all it will disconnect the ECU from the PC and will not reconnect unless i turn the car off and start the process over. If the car is just idling it will stay connected for a while before disconnecting, but only like 2-3 minutes if I am lucky. I have checked all my connections and swapped the serial cable as well as the serial to USB adapter and none of this has fixed the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Big Stuff is backed up like 2-3 weeks and I don't have time for that right now. I have also verified and made sure I have the most current BS3 software on my laptop. We have hooked up 4 different laptops to the car with no success!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you aren't running non resistor plugs such as TR8s are you? I have had them interfere with comms to/from other items and at idle. Not saying that's it, just a possibility...
Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
you aren't running non resistor plugs such as TR8s are you? I have had them interfere with comms to/from other items and at idle. Not saying that's it, just a possibility...
I've had non-resistor plugs drop the wideband out on BS3 as well
Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by INTMD8
I've had non-resistor plugs drop the wideband out on BS3 as well
I spoke with someone at BS3 right after I posted this. Been trying to get ahold of them all day. He is thinking it is directly related to my voltage issue which seems to have gotten worse over time. Gonna test the alternator and check my wiring and take it from there for now!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Logging batt volts?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

keep us posted. I have had my EFILive drop out like this under WOT.