PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning info needed for TH400 install and ?'s...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tuning info needed for TH400 install and ?'s...

Hi. This spring I am installing a th400 w/ part manual shift kit (will hold whatever gear I select, or put it in "D" and drive like normal auto) I have a speed ring installed on the output shaft w/ a speed sensor so I can have my speedometer working. Does the connector on the th400 speed sensor mate w/ the connector on the factory wiring harness connector that goes to the 4l60e speed sensor? Also adding a kickdown switch and a 3600 stall converter and Moser 9" also.

This is going in a 1998 TA

I have read that you have your pcm tuned to have the tranny parameters for an M6 car and remove all the 4l60e stuff. So this means that the car will no longer have any idea what stall I am running. And the computer won't know what speed I am going anymore. I think?

The Moser rear has nothing for ABS so I will have that light on.

Now, can I have the 4l60e stuff removed from the pcm, and the M6 info put in place, and still run the car w/ a 4l60e w/ the sensors all hooked up for awile? Or do I have to do this after I swap everything?

If I swap everything before I have the pcm adjusted (still have the 4l60e info on it) can I drive my car around awhile with my non computer controlled th400, 3600 stall and new gear ratio (4.11’s)? Will the computer keep looking for the stall, speed and gearing and possibly put it in limp mode? I apologize for being very uneducated in pcm tuning. That is the next step I will be focusing on. I know someone local who has done this tuning and will be doing this for me. If there is anything else I should get changed on the pcm, what would it be?

Thanks for any info. I appreciate it.

Mark Jr.

Last edited by BlackDuk98; 02-22-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Search this Thread