PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If a tuner is good with FAST XFI should they be able to use BS3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If a tuner is good with FAST XFI should they be able to use BS3?

I know it's a vague question but.....I don't have anyone with BS3 knowledge within 6 or 7hrs of me and my car needs tuned. I have a speed shop that is semi local and has a great reputation. I talked to them and they do all FAST XFI, HP Tuners and EFI Live. They said they've never done BS3 but would have no problems tuning the car. There would be a little bit of learning with the software but they wouldn't charge me full price. What do you think? Should I let them try it? My car is a 408, S91 turbo, 4l80E car. Either shop will need the car for a week and I really hate to make a 7hr trip twice...4 times actually. I already took the car to another shop last year that was 6 1/2hrs and they had it two months and the outcome wasn't good. Thanks for any reasoning either way.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've played with the software for both systems. As far as tuning goes, they shouldn't have a problem as they both work very similarly.

The only thing they'd have to get used to is the tuning software, and how to set up the ignition settings for the LS1. But BS3 has a tutorial on doing that somewhere.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

yes they just need to walk through the little differences. But both systems are pretty much the same. wont be a problem

Quick Reply: If a tuner is good with FAST XFI should they be able to use BS3?