Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P101 CODE

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P101 CODE

Well I am back to trying to figure out what is wrong with this car. It is an 01SS, the problem I am having is that the fuel trims are perfect once you have maintained a steady kpa level for apx. 30 seconds. While accelerating or prior to stabilizing the kpa level the car wants to add 25% LT fuel trims regardless of how much fuel is being thrown at the cylinders. I have eliminated the PCM, Mass air flow sensor, fuel pump, O2 Sensors, plugs & wires as all of these items have been replaced. I am getting a mass air flow performance code P101 & I am getting a Chassis code #CO237 (TCS Throttle Position Signal) which is causing the ASR light to stay on constantly. Is it possible that the CO237 code some how is contributing to this problem? The mass air flow sensor is brand new so I know that it is not bad but it is Obvious that it is part or all of the problem. I just don't understand what is going on. The Tech II is showing that the mass air flow sensor is always working, never dropS signal & it hrtz. is properly calibrated to the flow (grams per second). I also ohmed out the sensors wire between it and the PCM as well as it and its ground, all are good. It is as if the PCM is doing improper math or the mass air flow sensor is some how getting turbulance that is causing it to register all ready metered air. Any one else have any sugestions as I am getting ready to replace the engine harness but I am having my doubts as to this solving the problem.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:34 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: P101 CODE

Keith,
Sounds like the TPS is reporting incorrect values to the PCM. I believe it may be causing your LTFT problem. As I understand it, the TPS reports the position and the rate of TPS movement to the PCM to fuel accel pump action. Try the TPS switch before changing the engine harness.

Good luck,
Richard
Old 10-14-2003, 10:58 AM
Teching In

The TPS voltage @ idle is .63 & at WOT it is 4.04. These values are right on target & I verified that the TPS voltage is not dropping out or going weird throuhout its range. When I looked up the code the definition was loss of power to the traction control module under the dash on the driverside. I checked for power and it in fact does have a consitant power, so I am not sure way it is throwing the code or if it is some how contributing to my problem.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Keith, Zach here. I just saw your new post and I looked up the C0237 code and I saw that it said "Rear Wheel Speed Signal Erratic" Maybe this helps maybe it's bunk. See ya.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Well I am back to trying to figure out what is wrong with this car. It is an 01SS, the problem I am having is that the fuel trims are perfect once you have maintained a steady kpa level for apx. 30 seconds. While accelerating or prior to stabilizing the kpa level the car wants to add 25% LT fuel trims regardless of how much fuel is being thrown at the cylinders. I have eliminated the PCM, Mass air flow sensor, fuel pump, O2 Sensors, plugs & wires as all of these items have been replaced. I am getting a mass air flow performance code P101 & I am getting a Chassis code #CO237 (TCS Throttle Position Signal) which is causing the ASR light to stay on constantly. Is it possible that the CO237 code some how is contributing to this problem? The mass air flow sensor is brand new so I know that it is not bad but it is Obvious that it is part or all of the problem. I just don't understand what is going on. The Tech II is showing that the mass air flow sensor is always working, never dropS signal & it hrtz. is properly calibrated to the flow (grams per second). I also ohmed out the sensors wire between it and the PCM as well as it and its ground, all are good. It is as if the PCM is doing improper math or the mass air flow sensor is some how getting turbulance that is causing it to register all ready metered air. Any one else have any sugestions as I am getting ready to replace the engine harness but I am having my doubts as to this solving the problem.
Sounds like unmetered air is sneaking in. Leak??
joel