PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check out this great book: engine management advanced tuning by Greg Banish

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default check out this great book: engine management advanced tuning by Greg Banish

check out this book at , i bought it from them and i found it very informative and give you every thing you want to know about tuning and you can learn tuning from this book. there is also a section in this book for GM cars and also talks about HP tuners.

here is a link to this book :

Last edited by Black02SS; 12-17-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's another book called "MASTER EFI TUNER" that also provides case studies for tuning GM vehicles with HP Tuners...something you won't find in any other tuning book...

www.thetuningbook.com

and can be ordered on this website...

www.masportspeedshop.com

Cheers!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
Here's another book called "MASTER EFI TUNER" that also provides case studies for tuning GM vehicles with HP Tuners...something you won't find in any other tuning book...

www.thetuningbook.com

www.masportspeedshop.com

Cheers!
This book kicks that books *** any day of the week I have both book also
MASTER EFI TUNER is a very detailed gm and hp tuner geared book but can be applied to just about anything.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:25 AM

Yup for the $'s masportspeedshop.com book is king for right now...closest thing to it is $499 from thet tuning school begginer learn at home program.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the replies. now i'm begining to realize there is other good books and programs for tuning, useful info.

keep them coming.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Veteran

old thread, but im bringin her back. so the master efi tuner book, or the tuning schoold beginner course learn at home.

can we get some or anyone here that has both books. ive already got the calibrated suceess dvd, and looking to move forward he alittle, i was strongly considering the "the tuning school" at home course, and then i found this thread.

anyone with both books want to step in and speak there opinion on what the better buy is. and why.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Teching In

www.thetuningbook.com

www.masportspeedshop.com

Cheers!
The links to order the book say "Your search for "BOOKS" did not match any products that we carry." Do you still offer the Master EFI Tuner book? If so, how much does it cost?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by motorhead0922
The links to order the book say "Your search for "BOOKS" did not match any products that we carry." Do you still offer the Master EFI Tuner book? If so, how much does it cost?
It states right on our Homepage that the book is temporarily unavailable. As mentioned above, this is an older thread. We have sold out of four print runs of Master EFI Tuner since we began selling it, and we are currently working on a new, revised version. Master EFI Tuner has sold much better than we expected (THANKS, EVERYBODY!!) and we ran out of inventory before we expected. The new book will be available in late October, but with changes. The new book will be GM specific, and we'll be selling a Ford-specific book shortly as well. To include both fully in one book would have made it too large and too expensive. The new book will be titled "Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI" and will also inlcude coverage of EFI Live tuning software along with a couple of other helpful additions. The Ford content will disappear, as will any universal information that doesn't apply to GM vehicles. And yes, it will be less expensive when it comes out as we have increased our order volume and reduced page count by eliminating anything non-GM and thus will pass those savings along to our customers. For those of you interested in tuning Ford vehicles, including model years 1984 through 2009, our new book "Master EFI Tuner - Ford EFI" will be out in time for the holiday season.
And again, many, many thanks to all of you who already purchased Master EFI Tuner! I appreciate the support and the positive feedback. Keep Tuning!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Teching In

It states right on our Homepage that the book is temporarily unavailable. As mentioned above, this is an older thread. We have sold out of four print runs of Master EFI Tuner since we began selling it, and we are currently working on a new, revised version. Master EFI Tuner has sold much better than we expected (THANKS, EVERYBODY!!) and we ran out of inventory before we expected. The new book will be available in late October, but with changes. The new book will be GM specific, and we'll be selling a Ford-specific book shortly as well. To include both fully in one book would have made it too large and too expensive. The new book will be titled "Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI" and will also inlcude coverage of EFI Live tuning software along with a couple of other helpful additions. The Ford content will disappear, as will any universal information that doesn't apply to GM vehicles. And yes, it will be less expensive when it comes out as we have increased our order volume and reduced page count by eliminating anything non-GM and thus will pass those savings along to our customers. For those of you interested in tuning Ford vehicles, including model years 1984 through 2009, our new book "Master EFI Tuner - Ford EFI" will be out in time for the holiday season.
And again, many, many thanks to all of you who already purchased Master EFI Tuner! I appreciate the support and the positive feedback. Keep Tuning!!
How much do you expect the new book to cost? If you don't have that yet, how much did the old book cost?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by motorhead0922
How much do you expect the new book to cost? If you don't have that yet, how much did the old book cost?
With the Fedex shipping it was around $85 and worth every penny of it
Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

this is good book have alot of information i am buy it last year i think

you should cheak his new book
http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Tuni...tt_at_ep_dpt_2

i think i will buy it soon he is great writen too
Old 10-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by slmawi
It's still not available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Borders but cartechbooks.com has it listed as available.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Teching In

How's this coming on?

Steve
Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

I would be interested if it goes into detail on the new E38 Corvette ECMs.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

I talked to Dan and he's hoping to be able to ship them before Christmas
Old 12-01-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Good to hear you have made revisions. Although the book was great I was disappointed in that it was specific to HP Tuners so a novice like me who has EFI live has to translate screenshots from HP Tuners to EFI live. That's OK probably for those with intermediate to expert skills but not as easy for those just starting out.

My suggestion would have been to have two versions: an HP Tuner version and an EFI Live version both GM specific.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
Good to hear you have made revisions. Although the book was great I was disappointed in that it was specific to HP Tuners so a novice like me who has EFI live has to translate screenshots from HP Tuners to EFI live. That's OK probably for those with intermediate to expert skills but not as easy for those just starting out.

My suggestion would have been to have two versions: an HP Tuner version and an EFI Live version both GM specific.
Actually, after this was all hashed out, that is what we've decided to do. We will have separate information for EFI Live in addition to the revised version that will be released very soon. We ran into the same issue as before...with both HP Tuners and EFI Live in the same book, the page count ballooned again and we were left with another expensive-to-print book. The version immediately available will be HP Tuners only, (sigh) HOWEVER, anyone who buys the book will still get access to the case studies in either format that will be emailed with the launch of our new website. YES, it's still under construction, but we're finally on the cusp. Anybody that wants to take a sneak-peek at the site can do so at www.masterenginetuner.com. The How-To and Parts Comparison articles are up, but we have yet to add the Tuner's Club section and finish the Homepage. That's this week's task. The first case study will be emailed (to those who bought the book) before Christmas so you can enjoy some holiday reading. Until then, it's back to work for us. Sorry to keep quiet on the issue, we're just hammering trying to get everything done. The first case study will show how to tune a C6 Z06 Corvette (an '08) with some bolt-on parts in BOTH HP Tuners AND EFI Live, as well as how to pick up a few miles per gallon in AUTO trans vehicles in street driving WITHOUT touching fuel tables to lean them out (thus p-o-ing the EPA). How's that for a start? THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the update. I have your first book but would like an EFI live version.

If I understand correctly the EFI live version will be available next (HP Tuners is first)?

Or

I purchase the new version and then download the EFI live sections on-line?

Thoughts and suggestions.

More case studies with probably a small fee for each additional case study as you document them.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
Thanks for the update. I have your first book but would like an EFI live version.
If I understand correctly the EFI live version will be available next (HP Tuners is first)?
Or
I purchase the new version and then download the EFI live sections on-line?
Thoughts and suggestions.
More case studies with probably a small fee for each additional case study as you document them.
Nope, no additional fees, and no need to purchase another copy. When we release the case studies, we'll email them to you as you are automatically a member of the "Tuner's Club" with your previous purchase of the book. We're on a mission, dude!! We're trying to get everybody all of the tuning information they can handle. Once we formally announce the site, we'll get on to sending out the case studies. HOW'S THAT FOR A FREAKIN' BARGAIN?!!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is great! And a great free Christmas present.

Thanks

Quick Reply: check out this great book: engine management advanced tuning by Greg Banish