PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car idles at 2000-2500 rpm...help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car idles at 2000-2500 rpm...help!

Ill explain a little first. Car has all mods in sig (98 Z28 A4)and the tune was done by a local tuner until i could get out to a reputable shop to get a dyno tune.

Tuning was done with hp tuners software and he got the car to actually idle and drive around pretty decent without any surging and all gears idled great (ex. P/R/N/OD/D/2/1).

Recently I replaced a header gasket and didnt touch anything else on the car, but in the same night another friend of mine who has efi-live opened my tune just to see if he could tune 98s for free (not to actually change anything important in the tune). He ended up changing my tire size to 275/45/R17 (nothing else) and reflashed the pcm.

Ever since, the car idles ok on startup (in Park/Neutral) for a minute or two but when it gets warm, it will start to fluctuate rpms anywhere from idle(950) to 1600 for a while and then it will get pissed and start to try and idle at 2000rpm (fluctuating from 1900-2500rpm). Then when i shift into any Drive gear or reverse it will try to idle at 1200 while still fluctuating, but I have to fight the brake at a stoplight. When driving it will pick up speed up to 70 mph with out me having to push the gas. In fact, I have to ride to brake to keep my speed where i want it.

After all the problems, the original tuner reflashed the ecm with his saved file from hptuners, to try to get the car back to where it was. But even after reflashing, it still fluctuates rpms in all gears and still makes me fight the brakes at a stop and while driving (like the reflash didnt do anything)

What can i do to fix? Did i possibly fry the pcm by using two different softwares? Sorry for the long post but I dont know what to do.

Last edited by wzup1000; 02-27-2009 at 11:31 AM.