Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trac on, gas stuck=me in the ditch

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trac on, gas stuck=me in the ditch

I知 not sure where to put this but has anyone ever had the traction control on and had the accelerator stick?

I知 coming home from work today minding my own business and I知 stopped at a red light. Light turns green we start to move I shift from 1 to 2 and start to make a left hand turn, I知 about 1/3 throttle going maybe 30-35, I知 coming out of the turn and my back end starts to come around, I correct and the rear of the car shoots right around in the other direction. It felt like someone had the gas pedal on the floor. I get slung around and end up in a ditch. When the car stopped the engine was at like 5 or 6 grand so I immediately keyed off and check the gas pedal and it wasn稚 stuck. I started it back up and was able to drive the car out of the ditch and home. I知 very lucky that I didn稚 hit anyone or the guard rail that was coming up. I wonder if the accelerator cable thing for the traction control could have got stuck. I don稚 even trust the car now. Has this ever happen to anyone?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 AM

Traction control forces the cable back at your foot...deceleration. If it got stuck at 5 or 6 grand...you sir are at fault for ending up in a ditch while turning that corner as you would have had to put the engine at that rpm in the first place for it to be anywhere near that rpm when or if traction control took over.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

some people have had problems with there floor mats getting stuck against the pedal and can hold it. It might sound crazy but it happens
Old 03-12-2009, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my floor mats have done that several times it sucks
Old 03-13-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It use to happen in my 98. I think the cams on the traction control unit get dried out and stick. I'm thinking I put some WD40 on mine, I can't remember for sure though.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't use WD-40. Try some 3-in-1 oil instead.