Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFIlive/Autotap not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFIlive/Autotap not working

I received my Autotap EFIlive today and it does not work. I think that the cause is my USB to serial adapter. The autotap program shows that I am not connected when everything is hooked up. I installed everything today including my RadioShack USB/Serial adapter drivers, so basically I am not sure if that even works properly. The program will check for connection, after not finding one it will say that I have hardware that I am not registered for WTF? Has anyone had any problems like this? If you have, how were they resolved?
Also that 1-815- number is a joke. I waited to damn long and still got no customer service. I called back later and they were F%&*ing closed.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: EFIlive/Autotap not working

I would try it on another laptop, if that works try another usb to serial adapter.

Most of them are junk.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

That was my next step. The laptop will be an older ibm with a 700Mhz PIII, will that matter as far as data logging? If that doesn't work I am going to return the USB adapter and buy a B&B version since they manufacture Autotap.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are u useing auto tap or efilive?, that paper that they sent you, what does it have a key code for?, my auto tap dosent work because I only have a licence for efi live pro, check wich one has the licence code and open that program and then punch in the code, took me a 1/2 hour to get it going when I first got it because I skipped this step and didnt READ!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

I use a Celeron 366mhz with EFILive V5 and V6. They both work fine. You need the key code for EFILive, but it should connect and check codes without it.

Eric
Old 10-17-2003, 02:55 AM
TECH Resident

are u useing auto tap or efilive?, that paper that they sent you, what does it have a key code for?, my auto tap dosent work because I only have a licence for efi live pro, check wich one has the licence code and open that program and then punch in the code, took me a 1/2 hour to get it going when I first got it because I skipped this step and didnt READ!
I thought that I bought both Autotap and the EFIlive software from thunder but I may be wrong. You are right about that paper only having a registration number for the EFIlive though. I will have to check it out when I get home. I seriusly thought I bought both ?
Old 10-17-2003, 10:43 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my efi live came in today from thunder, had the program installed and running and pulling codes and running my car in 15 minutes.

EFI Live is definately a badass program, tons of data to go through.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:05 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks Assassin, I do not have the Autotap either just the EFIlive. I guess I thought since it was on the disk they sent that I should have that version too. Oh well EFIlive worked when I tryed it and that is what I wanted anyway, already have a handheld scantool.