Sponsored by:

Planning on HPT + Innoative wideband... questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:48 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Planning on HPT + Innoative wideband... questions

Hey all,

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do the exhaustive research I usually do before buying something for the car. I read the stickies and did some digging around, but I haven't found all the answers I'm looking for. My birthday is this week, and I have some family asking me for a gift idea, and I thought if I got HPT with the EIO that the LC-1 would be a good gift.

The questions I want answered in my mind before I tell them to buy the LC-1 are these:

1) Does the LC-1 plug directly into the EIO with a standard connector, or do you have to land wires under screws?
2) I'm looking for a permanent installation, but I'd prefer not to hassle with wiring the LC-1 as a narrowband as well, so I'll probably keep both. Will there be any problems with having both O2s installed at all times?
3) On Innovative's website they say that the LC-1 is a wideband controller, and they show the O2 sensor connected to another wire that appears to have an integrated circuit incorporated into it. I was under the impressing that a "wideband" was simply a different O2 sensor that reported with a high, linear resolution. Is it, in fact, a regular O2 sensor and a "controller" that makes it report as a wideband?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but this is all I can think of at the moment. Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Banned

Innovate sucks, thats all I have to say.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
11Second Club

That was less than helpful. Anyone else?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gauge
That was less than helpful. Anyone else?
I wish someone told me Innovate sucks, it would have saved me over $500.
Wasting money on stuff that doesn't work isn't good is it?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
11Second Club

If you don't elaborate or suggest an alternative, you've told me nothing. You've also not answered my questions in relation to Innovative or any other vendor's product. Please... enlighten me.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

My Innovate setup works fine. I understand some folks have better opinions on other WB sensors, but mine has worked AOK.

1) yes, you have to "land wires under screws" on the scanner's input block.
2) most folks end up deleting their rear O2s after ORY installations and the like. You can disable the rear O2s and use one of the existing bungs, or you can have the new bung that comes with the Innovate sensor installed where ever you choose. The closer to the better.
3) as far as I know, WB sensors are completely different from NB sensors. The controller they refer to allows you to log data via your laptop (without the use of HPT for example), calibrate the sensor and set it for different fuel types - just as a few examples.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Ive had the most success with the NGK powerdex AFX wideband...and have had the least success with the innovate line