Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Efi life starting point

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Efi life starting point

Hey guys, tuning newbie here. I've got my efi live and I'm ready to to do some basic tuning. I've got a 2000 Camaro project car that I will be building into hopefully a monster at the track. Ultimate goal is single digits with the d1sc I've been waiting to install. But, you have to crawl before you walk. I just installed some bolt ons to this car. Headers, ls6 intake and a ported tb. I would like to tune it now and try and get the feel for tuning before I dive into the supercharged realm of things. My simple plan is to tune this car, change the injectors and retune it. Maybe hit the dyno and play with the tune some more, tune my G8 and then toss the supercharger on the Camaro and tune it again. I figure I need as much practice as I can get. I've read a bunch of articles on tuning and I figure I'll start off easy slewing some tables until I really get the hang of it. My question is, where do I start? What tables are the best to change and which ones should I start on? Any tips would be appreciated sorry for the long post.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start with an AutoVE.... There is a tutorial in the EFILive scan tool on your computer or you can find it EFIlives website.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Launching!

Visit the EFI Live forum.

http://forum.efilive.com/

Or at least bookmark it coz you're going to need some advice and 2nd opinion.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys, looks like I'm running a little rich right off the bat. Can't wait to dive in.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the addiction. I agree that the VE table is a good place to start. You will need a wideband do to it right. It should be pretty easy with your current mods. Get your VE dialed in and take it to the track to play with your PE table and timing to get your best times. You didn't say weather or not it's an M6 or A4. If it's an A4 you will want to spend some time on your shift points and firmness as well.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

And read as much as you can - knowledge is power (literally). Sometimes it may get a little overwhelming or confusing, but between this forum and the efi live forum, there are plenty of helpful individuals.

Just keep everything in mind. For example, the autoVE is great. But search the forums and you will find that adding extra filters is beneficial even though they are not listed in the tutorial.

Also, because you plan on running FI, you may want to try to put a speed density tune on your camaro just to get use to it. I do not run forced induction, so I do not know the differences in running a 3 bar map setup, but it's something to consider.

Good luck, and invest in a good WB if you haven't already