Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot start problem finally fixed after a year EFI Live

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Hot start problem finally fixed after a year EFI Live

I have been tryin to figure out how to fix the hot start problem I have had since the cam change. I had it tuned by a pro but it always wanted to hunt or die at first start when warmed up. Everything else with the tune was great but the warm start sucked. After a year of reading and research I finally figured out what tables I needed to change to correct this. I'm kind of a newbe with EFI Live. First i ended up increasing table B4343 from 40 degrees celsius up to 140. I had to play with it "keep adding" till it was perfect. Then after that was fixed it seemed to want to high idle for longer than it should of at first start but not bad. So then I increasing table B4344 to it would idle down a little sooner. Again i had to just start small and play with it a little. I'm not sure if this is the correct way but it worked great for me. I can finally just start it up and not worry about it reving up and down wanting to die for a bit. Anyway I thought I would share this with you newbe guy like myself if you have the same problem as I did. It fixed mine. If anybody has other ways that have worked real well feel free to post the info.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you translate the Bxxxx into something more
recognizable, for those of us who don't have the
same software nor a "cheat sheet"?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea sorry about that. B4343 is "startup friction airflow correction". Increasing that allows more air for the startup

B4344 is "startup friction airflow decay" increasing this allows it to decay out sooner so you don't have the idle hang on first startup. This happened to me after increasing the B4343. easily fixed by increasing B4344
Old 03-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Originally Posted by mvvette97
yea sorry about that. B4343 is "startup friction airflow correction". Increasing that allows more air for the startup

B4344 is "startup friction airflow decay" increasing this allows it to decay out sooner so you don't have the idle hang on first startup. This happened to me after increasing the B4343. easily fixed by increasing B4344
In HPTuners, it should be Idle Startup Friction Airflow Initial vs ECT, and Idle Startup Friction Airflow Decay vs ECT.

Quick Reply: Hot start problem finally fixed after a year EFI Live