PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do any of the standalones let me run obd2 diagnostics thru the daignostic port ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Do any of the standalones let me run obd2 diagnostics thru the daignostic port ?

We have no emmissions testing here yet...but might in the future and also I just spend over 600 bucks on a triple pack of aeroforce gauges which plug into the obd2 port and can give me readouts of any obd2 parameter with no laptop needed.

So can any of the current stand alones like aem, fast xfi, big stuff 3 let me run my aeroforce and or obd2 scanner to be hooked up to the stock port?
I hear speed inc has a harness that lets you hook up big stuff and the stock ecu think so you can run stock gauges.I also don't want to have to install other guages and want all my stock stuff to work normally. But want the great features the standalones offer...built in two step and antilag, low impedence injector driver, traction control,turbo and nitrous options.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow not asking much are ya...

To keep the stock cluster functional, you have to keep your PCM. No stand alones have an 'odbII port' and even though your OEM PCM will still be there, it won't be in control, so the gauges may not be of much benefit.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Aem it says lets you run stock guages but no obd2 port output.Speed inc is think selling a harness that lets you run your stock ecu with the big stuff but again maybe just lets your run stock guages and wouldn't let you read obd2 stuff have to check on that.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look into a dashdaq instead for your gauge solution, they integrate with several of the standalone controllers out there and provide the data in a full color touchscreen format about the size of a GPS. (it can also function as a GPS as well)

Ryan
Old 03-29-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok aem makes guages in 52mm size..that work with their aem just like my new aeroforce work with the obd2.

And aem lets you use stock dash and all that stuff . So only negative there I guess is no obd2 trouble codes and not goign to help if emission testing is done with the obd2 port.
They are pricey gauges listing at 349 each so even more than my aeroforce but at least an option or that dashdaq can work with aem and think fast as was said. Its a bit ugly though dont like it just sitting on the dash. Like a more built in looks like triple guage pod,eboost 2 in dash that sort of thing.
Maybe the new aem will output obd2 somehow that would be perfect really.