PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring question, which wire is hot when the brake is depressed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wiring question, which wire is hot when the brake is depressed?

I just need to know which wire is energized when the brake is depressed. Under the dash there are two mechanisms mounted that show when the brake is depressed. I'm assuming the larger one is for the abs and there is a smaller one with only two wires to it is for the brake lights. I'm probably wrong, I just need to know for my 2 step installation.

The best bet would be to have the pin number for the top or the bottom plug ins on the pcm.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks like the light blue wire is hot to the brake lights when you hit the brakes. That is gonna be on the brake switch with more than two wires. The switch with only two wires is brake switch input to the electronic brake control module. That is according to Mitchell.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

I used a test light and found out one it was. The one on the bottom has two plugins on it. One of them has 4 wires and the other has two, a orange and it looked like a gray wire or I'm color blind, this is the one that had power when the brake was depressed.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Teching In

sounds like you have it figured out. That seperate 2 wire switch is for the ebcm (electronic brake controll module). I think they put that input on a seperate switch to stay away from interference issues. I would use the brake input on the 4 wire connector. I am assuming you are working on a 98 camaro. Happy wrenching!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bryancarz
sounds like you have it figured out. That seperate 2 wire switch is for the ebcm (electronic brake controll module). I think they put that input on a seperate switch to stay away from interference issues. I would use the brake input on the 4 wire connector. I am assuming you are working on a 98 camaro. Happy wrenching!
98, thats correct. I didn't even bother to check the 4 wire plug in since the 2 wire plug had it. I don't see why there would be an issue since it still does the same thing.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bryancarz
Hi Bro,

Is this the same Bryancarz at Autonerdz...? Good to run into a friend...

Cheers,
Joe

</hijack>
Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

I am the same bryancarz from autonerdz. Glad to see ya!