Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Idle problem.

Well, I tried to search for the answer to my problem, but as most people know by not the new search function isnt worth a ****, so im gonna make a thread about this.

A few weeks ago I went to swap my a4 harness for an m6 harness, since i did the conversion about a year ago. It ended up not working so i put my auto harness back in. While i was in there i completely deleted my AIR system, as this was tuned out when i had my tuner reflash my PCM for the 6speed. Now for some reason, every once and awhile, usually when its cold, well on second thought, whenever it wants to the car will not hold an idle. It will either die out on me or really struggle with holding an idle. It will usually vary from 900rpms down to 300-400 and just bounce back and forth.

Before i swapped harnesses i did not have this problem. I did get everything hooked back up along with vacuum lines and vacuum line block offs. Out of curiosity would a dirty maf cause this? When im driving it has no lack of power, and normally it quits having idle issues when it gets up to operating temp.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Jon
Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try bumping your base running airflow up 10% (multiply table times 1.1) and see if that improves. If it does, try bumping up some more. You throttle follower airflow table may need some messin' with too.

Also, I have been finding google works pretty well if you use the operators correctly. Ex-when searching for "Throttle Follower Airflow" be sure to use quotation marks.