Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen VII or try stock pcm first?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Gen VII or try stock pcm first?

Guys, Im building a 6.0 370 twin turbo with 600-700 rwhp. I planned on a Gen Vii install but a tuner wants to try to give my stock cpu a chance (dyno tuned)to run 60+ lb injectors etc. I am alos thinking of a non-electronic tranny. Am I wasting my time on the stock unit , do I really need the Gen VII to make it run right?
Old 10-25-2003, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO since you said in another thread you'll be using
60-1's I would go with a Gen VII or a FAST. 6-700rwhp will just be a starting point for those big boys, but if you're going to stay at 6-700rwhp for a while the stock pcm should work fine.

my $.02
Gary
Old 10-25-2003, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Gary...just trying to spend wisely and make life easy..its all so convoluted. If I go GEN VII, I have tranny and gauge issues, not to mention what type of 4l60e can deal with this...mine...maybe. Gen VII is 3k+ with tuning. I guess I'm curious what the downfalls are of the stock cpu and what the hardcore in depth reasons are that I should NOT use it. If I get even a few small reasons (of a need, not a should )thats probably enough to go Gen VII...then I have to deal w/ tranny a gauges now too, so its like 6k in added cost, or more. If I go non electronic on the tranny, and want a 4 speed, which direction then! May is comin quick!

Last edited by JamMasterJ; 10-25-2003 at 02:40 PM.