Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code p1336 out of no where

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code p1336 out of no where

i have a 93 rx7 with an 01 ls1 t/56. its been complete for about a month now and ive put about 1300 miles on it since its been finished. i woke up and started the car (everything is running fine) and my cel pops on. i drive the 50 miles to work and the 50 miles home and pull the code. p1336. ckp not learned. the car runs fine./ idles fine. and other then the cel being on there are no issues. i tried to clear it but it wont let me. i removed the battery and pressed the brake pedal and let it sit for about an hour and i reconnected it and it is still on. any ideas?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

That can be a tough code to get rid of on specialty builds.

Tuning tools have changed since I last wrestled with that code ('00-'03?) so there may be a better way now.

Take the car down to the dealership, have them connect a tech 2, download a stock program, and do a relearn. This will wipe your tune, so you will have to bring your laptop with you to put things back to normal after the relearn.

The problem with some of the specialty builds (especially auto PCM's on manuals), is that in order to do the crank relearn certain feedbacks have to be met. If your car does not have these feedbacks then the dealership can't help you.

The only way I found around that scenario is to get fancy and start jumping wires or have the PCM put in someone elses car for the relearn (you have to deal with VATS then).