Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 step activation wire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 step activation wire?

I want to activate my 2 step off of my brake lights and I was wondering where the easiest place to tap in would be? This is in my 01 Silverado.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't recommend that, if you should hit the brakes on the big end for whatever reason you will slap the motor onto a limiter.

What I would do is if you want to run the 2 step off the brakes, have a momentary push button you have to be holding on the steering wheel or something like that for the 2 step to be active, in series with the brake switch. That way, once you leave should you hit the brakes again at a high rpm, you wont do anything goofy as long as you remember to let go of the switch too. Make sense? You would foot brake it like normal, and then just get in the habit of shifting your hand off the button once you leave the line.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RoDan
I don't recommend that, if you should hit the brakes on the big end for whatever reason you will slap the motor onto a limiter.

What I would do is if you want to run the 2 step off the brakes, have a momentary push button you have to be holding on the steering wheel or something like that for the 2 step to be active, in series with the brake switch. That way, once you leave should you hit the brakes again at a high rpm, you wont do anything goofy as long as you remember to let go of the switch too. Make sense? You would foot brake it like normal, and then just get in the habit of shifting your hand off the button once you leave the line.
I believe that the Synergy kit works off of a momentary switch so you have to hit the activation button on the dash again before it could rearm with the brake pedal. I am going to call and confirm this with Synergy before I wire it up though.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
I believe that the Synergy kit works off of a momentary switch so you have to hit the activation button on the dash again before it could rearm with the brake pedal. I am going to call and confirm this with Synergy before I wire it up though.
Your right: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...depressed.html
Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, that is exactly how I'd want mine to work. I didn't know about the synergy kit, but I might have to look into it. Sounds like it is a neat system.

Quick Reply: 2 step activation wire?