Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low voltage at o2 sensors??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low voltage at o2 sensors??

i installed a set of stainless lpp longtubes, ory, no cats and loudmouth on my 01 formula about 6k miles ago. got a mail order tune, had my front o2 sensors deleted, and everything has been running pretty good. the plugs look a little on the lean side, kinda greyish whitish, but the car runs strong i also have bosch o2 sensors. the other day the car started running poorly and threw the SES light. i scanned it and it said i had low voltage at both rear o2 sensors. i checked the o2 sensors where they plug in from the wiring harness and they had 11.96 at the red wire, and 4.96 at the other pronges in the plug. any suggestions on what to look for? i do not have access to software, just a scanner. any help wouold be great
Old 05-10-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the same codes before and it was just bad O2s. I replaced them and it was fixed. Oh, the tuner didn't delete the front O2s but rather the rear ones.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mvvette97
I have had the same codes before and it was just bad O2s. I replaced them and it was fixed. Oh, the tuner didn't delete the front O2s but rather the rear ones.
my bad it was the rears that was deleted. what o2 sensors r u running? what makes the o2 sensors go bad?? they have only been on for like 6k miles. i was told that stainless headers have something inside them that burns off and ruins the o2 sensors. has anyone else heard this?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I had that trouble I was running the Bosch sensors. I changed to the GM and haven't had a problem. Oh and yes I believe there is some oil in the stainless headers because I noticed alot of smoke and a funny smell when I first started my vette after putting them on. It was also the vette that had the sensors fail.