Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunning

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunning

I need to know if anyone has a book or something that I can start reading so I can start tunning my own car. I have a 96 LT1 it is converted to OBD I.. I have Tuner Cat the cable and Data Master data logger. Is there anything else I will need to get a good base line tune?? Thanks for all the help...
Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you now OBD-I, I suggest you start here:
http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/tips/
Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttransamlt1
I need to know if anyone has a book or something that I can start reading so I can start tunning my own car. I have a 96 LT1 it is converted to OBD I.. I have Tuner Cat the cable and Data Master data logger. Is there anything else I will need to get a good base line tune?? Thanks for all the help...
First off, If your motor is stock dont go crazy and changing a bunch of parameters. And as a novice it is best to do one thing at a time. Remember is you screw something up you can always reload the stock file back into the pcm.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, there is one more piece to the puzzle. You need a quality wideband. They come in two flavors: Portable, such as the LM-1 (what I use). Permanently mounted, such as the LC-1.
I use Innovate's products b/c they are the ones I know, but there are other brands out there with very strong followings.
W/out a wideband, you are just shooting in the dark and risk grenading your engine by leaning it out too much.