Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car lacks power and throttle response is slow

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car lacks power and throttle response is slow

Well to start I just finished this LS3 build in my sig. All the specs of the motor are in there. The problem is right from the 1st start the car is seemingly doggy to rev, it revs up but is not at all crisp. I drove the car home for 20 miles logging in HPT. I'll try to post the log later, My total WOT timing is 26. The car pulls hard at wot after it gets to about 4500 rpm. Till then it is slower to repond than a stock 346. One thing I noticed is I can't get this thing to ever show any knock, even if I lug it and burst the throttle. It cruises ok even in 6th at 1800 rpm. I'm starting to wonder if I am missing timing advance down low. The LTFT are with in 4%. Seems to be down on torque. I am new to HPT and I realize that more info might be needed to help me with this. The engine has strong compression. No codes in pcm and engine doesn't bog or miss. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put it in open loop and see if you can make more power with other a/f ratios than 14.7

Also, I am willing to bet your fueling is off, you need to get a wideband and monitor it that way. Ive heard many stories of nbs not working properly in non-stock location, making the ltfts useless.

Quick Reply: car lacks power and throttle response is slow