PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit and USB to serial adapter

Old 05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Edit and USB to serial adapter

So I'm a little baffled with this one. EFILive scanner is working fine with the Quatech USB to Serial Adapter, but when I try to read the PCM with LS1 Edit, it gets to the screen that says "Reading", and it stops at 0%, then loses the connection, and continually tries to reconnect. It does this also when trying to "download" to the PCM. The car still starts and seems to be running okay, even after all this.

Any ideas? Is there a setting I need to change on the laptop somewhere? I had all the firewalls and virus software turned off.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2009, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the serial to USB's don't work with certain programs for some reason.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by crazymagman
So I'm a little baffled with this one. EFILive scanner is working fine with the Quatech USB to Serial Adapter, but when I try to read the PCM with LS1 Edit, it gets to the screen that says "Reading", and it stops at 0%, then loses the connection, and continually tries to reconnect. It does this also when trying to "download" to the PCM. The car still starts and seems to be running okay, even after all this.

Any ideas? Is there a setting I need to change on the laptop somewhere? I had all the firewalls and virus software turned off.

Thanks
When I was using LS1-Edit I had a Iomega serial to USB cable I bought from Best Buy and it worked great. Make sure you are choosing the right Com port or it will not connect.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Decided to try something different and ordered a 34mm Expresscard RS-232 Serial port today. Will give that a try, and hopefully it will work. Basically the Expresscard is the updated technology version of PCMCIA slots from my understanding.

Search this Thread