PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crank position causing no start?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank position causing no start?

Hey Everyone.

So i got to the point today, where the motor is ready to run, everything else (driveline related) is finished.

Went to fire it up, and it wouldnt start.

Hooked my HPTuners VCM Scanner to it, and played with the editor a bit to see if i could get it running, but no dice.

I get it to do about 300-320rpm (75 rpm is cranking), i see it throw in 13* advance for it to start, injectors run up to a 7% duty cycle, i can smell fuel, i know its sparking, as it fires a few times & begins to draw vacuum, (goes down to about 90kpa from 97ish atmospheric when its firing, 96 or so when cranking)

Im stumped. Ive checked all my sensors, crank position is the only thing i can see throwing it out.

Without a cam sensor, it would just guess based on the crank, but it would still run a fail-safe mode, maf, tps/iat, all injectors, coils, coolant temp, oxygen, etc are all pluged in and getting their correct voltages.

Could doing a crank learn solve this? Anyone here ever done a crank re-learn?

Think thats my next option. Only thing i can see stopping it from firing. The computer & shortblock never had anything to do with eachother, so im starting to think thats likely my problem.

Car is a '89 iroc-z, Motor is a '04 6.0L, H/C/I, Computer is out of a '00 T/a.

Its got the correct M6 tune on it, Vats deleted, Changed it to calculate the 6.0L's cylinder volume, and to OHV 6.0L in HPTuners.

I cant do the HPTuners crank re-learn as i cant get it to start to do that.

All help appreciated!